Skyscraper-style chip design boosts performance 1,000-fold

Terry

@Terry Does this mean we can have 8 cores stacked on top of each other? How much power efficiency will this stuff bring?

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

maybe this would be a a place to use micro Chanel water cooling or whatever it was called. or use direct contact vapor chambers.

Well i know they have showed a possible solution. Small channels where water can flow through to cool it off. Yes you still need a rad and such things but it's just a cpu block squished between the cpu layers instead being on top of everything.

That sounds cool but its very impractical for mobile devices and such, its probably going to be a server/high end desktop thing,still if they can even get a prototype for servers or supercomputers with the skyscraper design and even 100x fold performance not 1000x i would be damned impressed, the digital world needs a revolution in chips and fast, we are stagnating with silicon and moore's law.

That sounds cool but its very impractical for mobile devices and such, its probably going to be a server/high end desktop thing,still if they can even get a prototype for servers or supercomputers with the skyscraper design and even 100x fold performance not 1000x i would be damned impressed, the digital world needs a revolution in chips and fast, we are stagnating with silicon and moore's law.

Yes i agree it's not designed for mobile use, but even if it stays limited to desktops and servers that's tbh good enough. It uses completely different chips anyway soo...

And who knows maybe if it does get developed for desktops it might find it's way into our mobile phones. Maybe in the form of a heatpipe or something similar like we use in heatsinks. 

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Soooooo... HBM?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*