ACER vs AOC G-sync monitors

Alayer
Go to solution Solved by Alayer,

Ok, so this short survey sees the Acer one as the winner. I guess I'll buy that one this weekend. Thanks for the support, guys.

Alright folks, my girlfriend broke up with me and my exams are going worse that I expected. Life's got me down right now and I need a pick-me-up.

So, I've decided that I'm going to treat myself this holiday season and get a new G-Sync monitor! :D :D :D

These are the two monitors that fall under my budget and are readily available at Canada Computers:

1. AOC G2460PG - CAD 499

2. ACER XB240H - CAD 449

I've done my research and both these monitors were favorably reviewed. The AOC seemed a bit more popular and appreciated than the ACER. My request to the wonderful LTT community is to help me choose between these two. Here are my main concerns:

- Which brand is more reliable? I currently own an AOC monitor and that has served me well for 2 years, but I never owned anything from ACER. What your thoughts and experiences on dealing with this two companies?

- Is the AOC really $50 better than the ACER? Is it justifiable spending $50 more when they are both so similar?

Any other comments on the monitors are very appreciated. More information = better decision making.

Thanks a lot, guys. Game on.

Both are the same. Both use LGDisplays. You can have Luck or bad Luck with both Brands. I own Acer xb270hu so i voted for Acer. But in the End it doesnt matter.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

@Alayer

Be careful which XB240HU you buy, cos there's an older model that doesn't have G-Sync that is called exactly the same.  The G-Sync one can sometimes be found as XB240HU A, or XB240HU Abpr.  I nearly made the mistake of buying the wrong one in the shops, then realized the G-Sync model doesn't even exist in my country...

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

@Alayer

Be careful which XB240HU you buy, cos there's an older model that doesn't have G-Sync that is called exactly the same.  The G-Sync one can sometimes be found as XB240HU A, or XB240HU Abpr.  I nearly made the mistake of buying the wrong one in the shops, then realized the G-Sync model doesn't even exist in my country...

I know what you mean. Why Acer couldn't be a little more obvious with their naming scheme, no one will ever know.... But I checked carefully and this is the Acer g-sync one. 

I've been really impressed with Acer's enthusiast monitor lineups recently. It has my vote!

Acer does own AU Optronics, one of the biggest LCD tech and manufacturers in the world, also panel maker for both ROG Swifts and their own line up :D

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Ok, so this short survey sees the Acer one as the winner. I guess I'll buy that one this weekend. Thanks for the support, guys.