I want to get the Corsair STRAFE Keyboard.

I've been doing some research on mechanical keyboards and I've decided on which I want to use.

I wanted to know if the Corsair STRAFE Cherry MX Red Mechanical Gaming keyboard was any good. I appreciate any comments, feedback, (dis)approval, suggestions, etc.

Here's how it looks:

71Clsnww1KL._SL1500_.jpg

Here's the link to the Amazon page:

Cherry reds are terrible switches for anything other than gaming.

Also, if you get the silent version and actually want it to be quiet, you'll need to lube the stabilizers.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Cherry reds are terrible switches for anything other than gaming.

Also, if you get the silent version and actually want it to be quiet, you'll need to lube the stabilizers.

I've been meaning to try out brown switches, and my friend tells me they feel gritty and sandy.

As someone who has Red and Brown boards, there difference is not really that massive. I had no problems with typing or gaming with Reds, and with o-rings they were amazing to use. Browns feeling like gritty and sandy Reds sounds like a good description.

Get the Das4 Ultimate, I have it and I absolutely love it! Cherry MX Blue switches, media controls, and no stupid back lighting! post-281183-14500239349971_thumb.jpg

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1231 V3 3.4ghz CPU COOLER: Cryorig H7 w/ Red Corsair SP120mm  MOBO: MSI SLI Krait Edition Z170 MEMORY: G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb (2x4) Storage: Kingston V300 120gb, WD 1TB GPU: MSI R9 390X CASE: Phantom 410 (ew) PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Modular 550w CASE FANS: 4 CORSAIR SP120mm MONITOR: LG 25UM67 KEYBOARD: Das4 Ultimate Cherry MX Blue MOUSE: Deathadder Chroma Left-Handed AUDIO: Sennheiser HD598 Black, Astro A40s

Lack of wrist rest is a bit of a game breaker no?

I've never actually used a wrist rest, does it really make a big difference?

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1231 V3 3.4ghz CPU COOLER: Cryorig H7 w/ Red Corsair SP120mm  MOBO: MSI SLI Krait Edition Z170 MEMORY: G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb (2x4) Storage: Kingston V300 120gb, WD 1TB GPU: MSI R9 390X CASE: Phantom 410 (ew) PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Modular 550w CASE FANS: 4 CORSAIR SP120mm MONITOR: LG 25UM67 KEYBOARD: Das4 Ultimate Cherry MX Blue MOUSE: Deathadder Chroma Left-Handed AUDIO: Sennheiser HD598 Black, Astro A40s

I've never actually used a wrist rest, does it really make a big difference?

To me it does, specially if you're using it for a long period of time. I'm writer so I probably spend more than the average on my keyboard. If you feel like you've been ok this far, then it probably won't affect you.

To me it does, specially if you're using it for a long period of time. I'm writer so I probably spend more than the average on my keyboard. If you feel like you've been ok this far, then it probably won't affect you.

ive never used a wrist rest, my keyboard has one, but my fingers are actually long enough to were i dont even touch it.

I've been meaning to try out brown switches, and my friend tells me they feel gritty and sandy.

try them. your friend is weird, and wrong.   browns are amazing.  reds feel really mushy and gross to me and i cant stand them. browns are perfect.  but its all very subjective. if you can go to a store and try them out before you by any online, i highly suggest it.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

The feelings of the switches is something you will have to try on your own, if you're lucky go to a frys or maybe a best buy and test the different types of keys out. The quality of the keyboard will surely be good, BUT one thing that stopped me from even considering the corsair lineup, is that they have a non-standard bottom row. What this means is that most aftermarket keycap sets will not fit properly on the Strafes bottom row. If you look at the das keyboard, the bottom row buttons are uniform in size, thats a standard bottom row, the strafe, and corsairs other keycaps are not. This only really affects you if you want to change your keyboards keycaps to a different color or to PBT (a higher quality), toherwise, it wont really matter all that much. 

Technically, that means you're typing wrong. Your wrists should be elevated above any surface whenever you're typing. That being said, I don't do that, so...

Anyway, with a DK4, (I own one) I use the grifiti thick wrist wrest, and it's pretty much a perfect fit. It's could be about half an inch wider, but other than that, it's the prefect height, etc.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Technically, that means you're typing wrong. Your wrists should be elevated above any surface whenever you're typing. That being said, I don't do that, so...

Anyway, with a DK4, (I own one) I use the grifiti thick wrist wrest, and it's pretty much a perfect fit. It's could be about half an inch wider, but other than that, it's the prefect height, etc.

I find i need a big wrist wrest, the k70 one is only like 2 inches wide,i like my big one with my apple adjustable keyboard, feels more ergonomic than the little k70 one.

And on my new keyboard i will make I'll need to make a nice wrist wrest.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

ive never used a wrist rest, my keyboard has one, but my fingers are actually long enough to were i dont even touch it.

try them. your friend is weird, and wrong.   browns are amazing.  reds feel really mushy and gross to me and i cant stand them. browns are perfect.  but its all very subjective. if you can go to a store and try them out before you by any online, i highly suggest it.

I had a switch tester and I personally did not like browns. They just feel kinda like there is crud stuck in the switch. I guess it is just because I am used to typing on a rubber dome and a single switch tester does not a full keyboard make.

I had a switch tester and I personally did not like browns. They just feel kinda like there is crud stuck in the switch. I guess it is just because I am used to typing on a rubber dome and a single switch tester does not a full keyboard make.

i can see that. actually feeling the actuation point can take some getting used to.  i'd walk into a store and give one a try though. my issue with red could have just been the keyboard too, it was some corsair one that my ex had, and it wasnt a fullsize keyboard, so typing on it was impossible for me.

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.