How Volkswagen plans to prevent another Dieselgate

Mbarton

Dieselgate all the gate in 2015 lol

You know what's funny here in florida we don't have to take these tests, cuz you know, they don't believe in global warming here, but you have to be quit or they'll shoot you --@Mbarton

One day after announcing that its carbon-dioxide problem is smaller than initially feared, Volkswagen delivered a trove of information that offers insight into its investigation into the larger issue of cheating diesel emissions. This marks the first time the company has gone public with the findings of its internal probe.

The German automaker came under scrutiny when it admitted to creating illegal software "defeat devices" meant to deceive emissions tests around the world. Outside of a laboratory environment, roughly 11 million diesel vehicles were emitting more nitrogen oxide emissions than the law allowed.

Volkswagen's internal investigation concluded that three factors led to the creation of the defeat device -- a mindset that tolerated rule breaking, weaknesses in reporting and monitoring processes, and the delinquency of individual employees. Initially, Volkswagen could not get its EA 189 diesel four-cylinder engine to meet US emission specifications either on time or on budget, which led to the creation of the software-based deception.

"We are doing everything to overcome the current situation, but we will not allow the crisis to paralyze us," Volkswagen CEO Matthias Mueller said in a statement. "On the contrary, we will use it as a catalyst to make the changes Volkswagen needs."

One of the most major changes going forward will be third-party verification of emissions output. Future emissions tests will be sent off for external, independent evaluation. The company will also randomly test its vehicles in real-world situations to make sure that the lab results match those from the road.

Part of this also involves handing off its investigation to a neutral third party to ensure all the facts are correct and are capable of passing legal muster. Jones Day, with support from audit firm Deloitte, will sift through the 102 terabytes of information that Volkswagen has collected. The company expects this to go "well into next year," but it will provide a status update in April.

Volkswagen has already submitted proposals for fixing its four-cylinder diesel models in Europe. The US has stricter standards, however, and both the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the California Air Resources Board must approve any suggested fixes before going forward. Volkswagen said it would only discuss US fixes once those two entities have signed off on them.

Source: http://www.cnet.com/news/how-volkswagen-plans-to-prevent-another-dieselgate-emissions-scandal/

I  have GameServer`s And VOIP servers the only price is that you have fun on them. 

I'd go for a gti, if only they made RWD versions of them. RWD or bust :/

I still remember that time when someone in 'straya somewhere on the vw forum did a manual+rwd golf conversion. Was fucking epic.

edit: this guy.

“I like being alone. I have control over my own shit. Therefore, in order to win me over, your presence has to feel better than my solitude. You're not competing with another person, you are competing with my comfort zones.”  - portfolio - twitter - instagram - youtube

I'd go for a gti, if only they made RWD versions of them. RWD or bust :/

I still remember that time when someone in 'straya somewhere on the vw forum did a manual+rwd golf conversion. Was fucking epic.

edit: this guy.

<3 <3

Ryzen 5 1600 - GTX 980 Ti - Broke.

And here I sit in my 11-year-old Honda Civic... The mechanics couldn't find anything wrong with it... :D

its easy build cars that meet the rules, if you have to charge another $10,000 for them then do it the PC plebs will love you for it and be willing to pay the premium

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

And here I sit in my 11-year-old Honda Civic... The mechanics couldn't find anything wrong with it... :D

In my car the mechanics couldn't find anything that right with it

/s

/s-adly not completely /s

Because the cars in America are so eco friendly, and American automakers don't benefit from smearing a foreign brand.

A foreign brands that are breaking rules that the americans aren't. This isn't even american smearing, these companies are getting in trouble for breaking the EU laws.

Mercedes-Benz’s diesel cars produced an average of 0.406g/km of NOx on the road, at least 2.2 times more than the official Euro 5 level and five times higher than the Euro 6 level. A spokesman for Mercedes-Benz said: “Since real-world driving conditions do not generally reflect those in the laboratory, the consumption figures may differ from the standardised figures.”
Honda’s diesel cars emitted 0.484g/km of NOx on average, between 2.6 and six times the official levels. A spokesman for Honda said: “Honda tests vehicles in accordance with European legislation.”
Mazda’s diesel cars had average NOx emissions of 0.293g/km in the real world, between 1.6 and 3.6 times the NEDC test levels. One Euro 6 model, the Mazda 6 2.2L 5DR, produced three times the official NOx emissions. A spokesman for Mazda said: “In compliance with the law, Mazda works hard to ensure that every petrol and diesel engine it makes fully complies with the regulations.”
Mitsubishi diesel cars produced an average of 0.274g/km of NOx, between 1.5 and 3.4 higher than in the lab. “The NEDC was never intended to represent real-world driving,” said a spokesman for Mitsubishi.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Someone stole that car's suspension!

Well seeing pot holes in my area are so bad that some I can fit 1 of my shoes in, that car wouldn't be getting far besides out of my driveway...

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

can we STOP adding -Gate to the end of any scandal please!

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Why do you have to plan for not fucking lying? Just don't fucking lie and cheat. Damn sociopaths.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide