I just ran Fire Strike on my 2013 MacBook Pro.

SJH8502

post-270340-0-93623200-1449825616_thumb.

I got a score of 611. I'm genuinely surprised it didn't go up in flames during the test. I got around 2 FPS most of the time during the benchmark and about 15 FPS during the Physics Test.

TL:DR: Don't buy a Mac, Buy a PC instead

^EDIT: My stupidity is obviously showing again.....

You know that most ultrabooks have integrated graphics, you shouldn't buy a ultrabook/very thin laptop for gaming....

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Trying to run games on a mac is like trying to render 16K images on a gtx 250...

Each has their purpose. I love my macbook at work, but when I get home I never ever use it

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

Ohh also a Mac is a personal computer....

Pascal laptops guide

TL:DR: Don't buy a Mac, buy a PC instead.

What? this is the dumbest thing I have ever heard ><

Also you realise that the 15" retina pro has a pretty ok mid range GPU inside

A PC without a dedicated GPU would also get a low score... so it has nothing to do with the fact its a Mac

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

A PC without a dedicated GPU would also get a low score... so it has nothing to do with the fact its a Mac

Yeah but at least it won't smash your bank account as well.

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

Yeah but at least it won't smash your bank account as well.

That's true, but it will also have greatly inferior build quality, probably won't have a PCIe SSD, won't run OSX (one of the main reasons I personally bought a MacBook Pro), likely inferior customer support, won't have the frankly quite brilliant OSX trackpad, won't have a 1600/1800p screen.

There's a huge long list of good reasons to spend the extra money on a Mac. Specs are not everything.

I realise it's entirely subjective preference, but the old "I could get better specs for the same money" argument is completely lacking any kind of nuance. It ignores a whole range of factors, and many factors that may be important to you are not to others, and vice versa.

Not having a go at you specifically, just this general sentiment that I see far, far too often.

Not having a go at you specifically, just this general sentiment that I see far, far too often.

Agreed and well said

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Same can be said for both sides of the argument to be honest. Anyway that's me don't want to res an old thread.

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

Iris 5100 is still decent.

Surprised your Macbook didn't melt itself.

The Macbook pros have better cooling than the Macbook

Pascal laptops guide

Barely.

Enough to stop it from throttling.

Pascal laptops guide

so you got a low score on a laptop that isn't meant for gaming? and now you think it was stupid to get a mbp?

people don't buy macs for gaming, wtf.

even if macs are expensive, they have some good parts to it.   they look super good compared to windows laptops, and the os is super simple.

i use my mbp for school and when i game i use my pc

There is no such thing as a bad PC, there are only BETTER PCs

I do not agree with the whole argument about how a pc priced the same won't get pcie based storage, etc.

If you want to go full flash storage, you can throw a 512gb samsung 850 pro m.2 drive on a z170 board with 32gb ram, i7-6700k, gtx 970, n200 case, power supply and fill it full of fans for $1500.

Closest thing to these specifications and possible performance would be a mac pro @ over 2000 dollars.

To be fair though, macs are for professional's work. Professionals use macs for photo, video editing, indesign, anything adobe or design related. However, if mac people would switch to windows I think they would save a lot of money.

The whole thing with believing that macs actually somehow have BETTER build quality and warranties, etc is bull as well because if you take a mac that crashed to the apple store you're looking at $500 if you cant do it yourself. With building your own PC, you know what you put in there. You know what failed. You know what to take care of. This is what scares many people off from building a PC. Many people think it's too complicated, time consuming, etc and just want to turn a pc on.