Video editing software

Shadow Gamer

What's the best video editing software for $50-80? I like to have a wide variety of transitions and effects, while at the same time being able to export in high quality. I do a style of video where I have two separate  clips recorded independently: one video, such as a game, and one audio, with me talking about a topic. I also occasionally do (bad) montages and (good) build log/reviews. 

And please no Lightworks, I use that right now and it's reliability and features are horrible for $60 a year. 

What's the best video editing software for $50-80? I like to have a wide variety of transitions and effects, while at the same time being able to export in high quality. I do a style of video where I have two separate  clips recorded independently: one video, such as a game, and one audio, with me talking about a topic. I also occasionally do (bad) montages and (good) build log/reviews. 

And please no Lightworks, I use that right now and it's reliability and features are horrible for $60 a year. 

adobe premier

tho it aint 80$

http://store.steampowered.com/app/330070/

maybe this?

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

what?

you can use lightworks for free...

why would you buy lightworks without using the trial first? The entire point of a trial is to see if you like it before buying...

And some people are perfectly fine with the free version and dont pay anything

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Premier and/or After Effects

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

I got Vegas pro 13 from a kickass friend of mine :)

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Adobe Premier and After Effects $20 or 30/month (can't remember which). You want the all apps pack.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Adobe Premier and After Effects $20 or 30/month (can't remember which). You want the all apps pack.

Creative Cloudddddd! Makin' it rain xD

TheRedDragon    |i7-5820k (4.2Ghz) || MSI X99S SLI Plus || Crucial 2x8gb 2133hmz DDR4 || MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti 6Gb || Sandisk 128Gb SSD || Seagate Barracuda 3Tb |EVGA 1000W 80+ Pltnm ||  

dossium.net >

Posts that won the internet - Verticle Mice 

Creative Cloudddddd! Makin' it rain xD

Only problem is that you have to pay per month for a year or pay per year. Unless OP cancels it after 1 month or 2.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Only problem is that you have to pay per month for a year or pay per year. Unless OP cancels it after 1 month or 2.

The key is to get the trial, then pay for one month but the day before they bill you, cancel the subscription. Works every time. 

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

The key is to get the trial, then pay for one month but the day before they bill you, cancel the subscription. Works every time. 

IDK for how long OP wants it.

How long do you plan to use and own the video editing software?

Thus, making it rain. I was just making the point that this option was within his price range quoted to us. Not exactly the method of pay once for a piece of software, but that is the easy option to take.

TheRedDragon    |i7-5820k (4.2Ghz) || MSI X99S SLI Plus || Crucial 2x8gb 2133hmz DDR4 || MSI GeForce GTX 980Ti 6Gb || Sandisk 128Gb SSD || Seagate Barracuda 3Tb |EVGA 1000W 80+ Pltnm ||  

dossium.net >

Posts that won the internet - Verticle Mice 

what?

you can use lightworks for free...

why would you buy lightworks without using the trial first? The entire point of a trial is to see if you like it before buying...

And some people are perfectly fine with the free version and dont pay anything

I am using the trail still, haven't paid a dime for editing software yet.

And yes, Primier is out of my price range. I plan to own the software indefinitely so no subscription plans. 

I also own Aftereffects through an old collection that was originally intended for academic purposes, but the disc that held Premier was corrupt. Go figure. 

I am using the trail still, haven't paid a dime for editing software yet.

And yes, Primier is out of my price range. I plan to own the software indefinitely so no subscription plans. 

well premier and sony vegas are the best IMO

but neither is cheap...

linus actually sold an old copy of sony vegas pro for $100 on the forum shop, but that was years ago

maybe you can find another place to buy it used

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020