Looking into buying a new laptop, need suggestions.

Silverhand7

I'm looking into buying a new laptop, as the title suggests. I've mainly been looking at ultrabooks, but can't find something that fits everything I want. The two big things I want are a resolution higher than 1366x768, as I can't stand it, and a full sized keyboard, because I hate most laptop keyboards. As far as specs, an intel cpu, at least 4gb of ram, and a decent amount of storage would be ideal, although I'm somewhat flexible on that. I've found several like what I described, but all very expensive. Does anyone know any closer to $1000 or preferrably under that?

Check out Clevo's Metabox. They're cheap and you can customize them how you wish.

I looked them up. From what I can tell they're AU only? I'm in US by the way.

Check out Malibal and Xotic. I'm not sure how they price but they probably have what you're looking for. Good luck!

http://www.shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Laptops/HP-Pavilion/C0L24AV?HP-Pavilion-dv6t-7000-CTO-Entertainment-Notebook-PC

I have the same model (but one year older, still has the same design) and I can't really say anything bad about it. The build quality is WAY better than most laptops under $1000, because the interior and lid of the laptop are made of metal. (So if you have sweaty palms, it will never leave marks like it does on plastic laptops.) A lot of people really don't like HP, so keep that in mind. I'd look at some of the reviews and make sure there aren't any problems you'd find annoying.