AMD Bristol Ridge APU Family For the AM4 and FP4(laptop) Platforms Detailed - launching in the first half of 2016

Mr_Troll

The 4 core roof must be breached demolished

Hence I don't give a single shit about this.

I will buy the first 6-core consumer priced CPU or APU ever, even if it sucks.

Phenom ll X6

FX-6300

"If you ain't first, you're last"

As for the last part, the Phenom II X6 and FX6300 have both been around for some time :P

FX-6300

FX-6300 isn't a real 6 core (only 3 floating point units, so basically a 3-core for FP operations) and Phenom II X6 was neither consumer priced when it launched, nor available anymore.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Why? They never have before. Performance will improve due to no thermal throttling, but IPC will remain constant. IPC is one piece of the performance equation.

What's to say they can't in the future, it's far-fetched I admit. In my opinion the best estimation should come from the desktop half of Carizzo, as we don't know if AMD has made of any improvement, though I remain ever hopeful.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

thats the architecture not the chipset i am talking about the damn chipset i never said anything about the architecture(zen) not performing any better, i said that there is nothing that proves that am4 is better then am3/+ for all we know am3/+ could be better minus the support for ddr4 that am4 has

Oh sorry, ha ha I didn't read your prior post properly, I thought you were talking about the chipset.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL 

FX-6300 isn't a real 6 core (only 3 floating point units, so basically a 3-core for FP operations) and Phenom II X6 was neither consumer priced when it launched, nor available anymore.

These APUs use the same module design so they wouldn't be "real 6 cores either". And it's not a 3 core for floating point operations as they implemented dual FMAC technology (called FlexFPU).

And Phenom II X6s started at $199.

AMD doesn't have an insanely powerful mobile chip like that, and seeing as AMD released Carizzo later as a mobile chip first I expect they want to finalize the desktop equivalent, I expect there to be a noticeable performance difference between mobile and desktop.

Well, they do have a powerful chip in the 8800FX. It's probably comparable to the 7850K in burst single thread performance but the reason no one wants them is because AMD shot themselves in the foot by giving manufacturers a configurable TDP. Good as the latest and greatest from the company might be the 3.5GHz quadcore isn't going to perform at its full potential when it's being locked at 15W TDP, which is what the OEMs appear to be doing.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

What kind of logic is that? It exists on a consumer platform. If you want the first "Consumer priced" 6 core SKU, then plenty of the X platform SKU's have been priced at consumer prices. Unless you consider $350ish (The same price as the normal Core i7 SKU's, which are also consumer chips) to be too high of a price to be considered "consumer". I can go to a Microcenter right now, and pick up the 5820k for $320. Just last week, it was on sale for $300. Or are you going to say "It's platform isn't a consumer platform"?

EDIT: I should also mention that the 1055T (Phenom II X6) launched at $200. $15 more than the 965 BE. If that is not "consumer priced" i don't know what is.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Fuck APU, where are the CPU? The thing that AMD hasn't released anything new for since 2011. (The Athlon doesn't count-its a gimped APU).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL