What Should I do with old crappy PCs?

OK so recently a friend gave me 8 PCs. I don't know what to do with them. I was planning on installing a Linux distro on them, but I don't know what to install. What should I install on them. They have Pentium D CPUs and 1gb of ram. I was looking at something that was simple and easy to use and also lightweight. Suggestions? I was looking at puppy Linux or arch perhaps? Help me pls!!

Sell them for scrap money. These kind of systems really aren't worth the effort IMO.

My Rig:

Model: P650RG | Brand: Clevo | CPU: 6700HQ | GPU: 980M | RAM: 16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X DDR4 | SSD: 2x 480GB Kingston KC300 | Screen: 3K Panasonic IPS LED 

Why accept them if you have no idea what to do with them???

That kinds of PC would go in the bin for me... 

|CPU| i7 4770K @ 4.4GHz |Motherboard| Asus Z87 MAXIMUS VI HERO |RAM| Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1866MHz |GPU| EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB

|HD| 256GB SSD 850 PRO |Sound| Creative Sound Blaster Z High Performance |Case| NZXT Phantom 410 |OS| Windows 10 x64

OK so recently a friend gave me 8 PCs. I don't know what to do with them. I was planning on installing a Linux distro on them, but I don't know what to install. What should I install on them. They have Pentium D CPUs and 1gb of ram. I was looking at something that was simple and easy to use and also lightweight. Suggestions? I was looking at puppy Linux or arch perhaps? Help me pls!!

Do you have any use for them? i wouldnt want 8 crappy old PCs as they dont do anything I want, and I have no need for them or anywhere to put them

if you have no use for them, just throw them away or donate them

or pack them with explosives or throw them off your roof, idk

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Selling them as "internet browser PCs"... Great for internet use

Selling them as "internet browser PCs"... Great for internet use

Maybe if you sell them for under 30 bucks for the effort you put in, otherwise it's a rip off. Like I said it's easier money to just scrap them.

My Rig:

Model: P650RG | Brand: Clevo | CPU: 6700HQ | GPU: 980M | RAM: 16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X DDR4 | SSD: 2x 480GB Kingston KC300 | Screen: 3K Panasonic IPS LED 

Yes, but what should I install on them??

I live in Australia....I'd probably sell them for around $100

You're not allowed to sell Linux distro's for one. and for $100 bucks you're ripping people off around christmas time. Not helping you.

My Rig:

OK...I was suggesting what I should INSTALL on them. Its already decided what's happening with them, but I want to know what to install on bad pcs

I wouldn't even pay $100 not even close to it.

You're not allowed to sell Linux distro's for one. and for $100 bucks you're ripping people off around christmas time. Not helping you.

Hes not selling the distro hes selling the PC

OK...I was suggesting what I should INSTALL on them. Its already decided what's happening with them, but I want to know what to install on bad pcs

Then some sort of really light linux distro

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I'm not selling the distros...I'm selling the PCs...

Hes not selling the distro hes selling the PC

Then some sort of really light linux distro

After installing a linux distro on it.

My Rig:

FYI: these are factory PCs from Acer

Once again...I'm selling the hardware NOT the software

After installing a linux distro on it.

Retail shops sell computers with Linux on.. Alienware sell steam machines with Steam OS (ie linux) on them

What ARE you talking about

If you aren't offering me helpful advice, then please leave the topic...I don't like people who ignore me. I'm asking what I should install on it...not what I should do with the pcs

My suggestions would be

A) load them up with hard drives and market them as a NAS.

B) stick a couple of network cards in them, and use them as a router.

SNIP

Why don't you get a light Linux distro like Mint OS and put some software on it and use it as a NAS? Connect a 60GB SSD as an OS drive and use other salvaged HDDs from the other PCs as NAS Drives with redundancy. @ShadowCaptain

CPU: i5 4690K @ Stock                GPU: Asus GTX 970 STRIX @ Stock      SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB (OS and Drivers)     Headset: Audio-Technica M20X

Case: Corsair Obsidian 250D        RAM: Kingston HyperX 16GB LP             HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB                                         Mouse: Logitech m185

OS: Windows 8.1 OEM                 PSU: Corsair RM650                                Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97N Mini ITX                         Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K65 RGB

Retail shops sell computers with Linux on.. Alienware sell steam machines with Steam OS (ie linux) on them

What ARE you talking about

for example 

Permission from us is necessary to use any of the Trademarks under any circumstances other than those specifically permitted above. These include:

• Any commercial use. OEM services. [...]
  • Use for merchandising purposes, e.g. on t-shirts and the like.
  • Use of a name which includes the letters BUNTU in relation to computer hardware or software.

Source: Ubuntu Trademark Policy

My Rig:

Haha...slightly jaded

Love the idea...only issue: the HDDs are 70gb each

@z0ne who said I am using them for "commercial" use. I am selling them on Gumtree...what's the issue? It can be seen as selling it as a secondhand PC. There is nothing wrong with this

for example 

That is Ubuntu, not all Linux distros have that stipulation, plus its not really commercial use unless he is going to be opening a shop and selling them, and he is not using their branding  either

You could argue they might see it that way, but I doubt it

@z0ne you have no clue what you're talking about...please just leave