LG 29UM67-P ultra wide 21:9 monitor with GTX 760 2GB

Dunedan

So I'm considering buying this LG screen. Planning to use it for gaming and the occasional movies. Problem is I'm concerned if my graphics card can handle it. I've read that because of the wider ratio there is more are that is processed. I'm currently using 4:3 monitor but recent games don't support it at all. My GPU is kinda last gen and not high edge but my biggest concern is that I only have 2gb vram. I've considered second card or a new one. But that would have to wait.

So I would really appreciate some advice if I would have issue originatinging out of the graphics card.

Yeah, it should be fine. 

I have a similar LG 21:9 panel (the 29UB55-B), and my 2GB 960 is perfectly capable of all games that I have in my steam library, including GTA5. 

There was about a 5-15 fps drop between 1080p and ultrawide

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

Yeah, it should be fine.

I have a similar LG 21:9 panel (the 29UB55-B), and my 2GB 960 is perfectly capable of all games that I have in my steam library, including GTA5.

There was about a 5-15 fps drop between 1080p and ultrawide

5-15 fps drop sounds scary and since my card is older gen it could be worse. I could be forced to play my games on 16:9 if it's too bad.