8 Year old boy shoots grandmother after playing GTA 4.

Again, you cannot compare Europe to the US. 

Even if guns were completely outlawed in the US, criminals would still have them and they would not be "knackered old revolvers". We have a different beast to deal with in regards to criminals (The cartel and the drug trade from the Carribean, specifically). 

It is just not the same thing.

I'm not comparing the two

I'm coming at it from a 'you've given up your right to own firearms you foolish clowns!' perspective

What I'm getting at is that banning guns has not made our society a post apocalyptic wasteland that the NRA would have you murricans believe. Their propaganda is laughable.

I'm not comparing the two

I'm coming at it from a 'you've given up your right to own firearms you foolish clowns!' perspective

What I'm getting at is that banning guns has not made our society a post apocalyptic wasteland that the NRA would have you murricans believe. Their propaganda is laughable.

As is yours, as I am certain banning guns in the US would not have the same effect here as it did in Australia or the various parts of Europe that have done so. 

Because they are not the same thing.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

As is yours, as I am certain banning guns in the US would not have the same effect here as it did in Australia or the various parts of Europe that have done so. 

Because they are not the same thing.

Once again, you Americans often have the illusion that taking guns away makes us very weak and criminals can have their way here... that's not the case at all.

I can go on like this for hours, won't help - come to Europe and see for yourself. If the numbers of homicides is incredibly low, if that doesn't ring a bell then my speech won't either.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

Once again, you Americans often have the illusion that taking guns away makes us very weak and criminals can have their way here... that's not the case at all.

I can go on like this for hours, won't help - come to Europe and see for yourself. If the numbers of homicides is incredibly low, if that doesn't ring a bell then my speech won't either.

Did I say that? Or anything that implied it? I do not believe I did at all.

It does not matter what results you have attained in Europe/Australia. It is not the same. Stop assuming it is, as it appears you are.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

The real questions to ask:

Whats an 8 year old playing GTA for? Where are his parents?

Why was there a gun, loaded or not, that the boy could access.

This is not about games, Its about poor parenting and poor firearms safety.

Edit:

Also, Ive noticed comments about American gun control. America does have a problem, The problem is that no one respects firearms.

Seems legit...

In all seriousness, if a person is willing to shoot their own grandmother, they're allready messed up. Video games don't cause this.

He must have been on some kind of drug to not be able to tell the difference between game and reality.

Ban games in US! Youll be playing monopoly and still be killing each other. Leaving guns where children can reach - professional parenting. Should have popped heads of those two stupid ret (ohhh sorry CoC) "parents".

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

By saying that they teach all 10 year olds how to shoot RPGs.

I Did not say all.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

The average time it takes police to respond to a 911 call? 22 minutes.

The average time it takes for a bullet to reach your target from the moment you see it? .600 seconds

I'd rather have my gun in my hand than the police on the phone.

I watch enough discovery to know that a gunshot wound bleeds out in about 30 minutes, so I'm not going to trust a "response force" that takes almost that long to get here.

I feel sorrow... My parents were always wary about buying me 18 games.

Compatible with Windows 95

We have one of the lowest gun homicide rates in the world.

Yet have a very high overall crime rate, in the UK you're 7 times more likely to be violently mugged & women are 3 times more likely to be raped than in the U.S. Why is this? Because criminals over there don't have a threat of their victim(s) fighting back & possibly killing them. I'll gladly sacrifice the 9,000 hood rats that are killed each year for my & my families safety from criminals that have guns regardless of laws. Unless you have a magic wand, banning guns doesn't make ALL guns vanish, it simply takes away the ability of non criminals to defend themselves from criminals. Europe has never had a large percent of the population armed with firearms, hens the comment about handing out firearms to criminals. One of the most violent times in human history was during the middle ages, yet not one person had a gun.

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

GTA V will be cancelled

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

GTA V will be cancelled

Perhaps in your country, but we have a thing called the United States Constitution that protect us from such silliness.

The average time it takes police to respond to a 911 call? 22 minutes.

The average time it takes for a bullet to reach your target from the moment you see it? .600 seconds

I'd rather have my gun in my hand than the police on the phone.

I watch enough discovery to know that a gunshot wound bleeds out in about 30 minutes, so I'm not going to trust a "response force" that takes almost that long to get here.

I agree 100% when I am an adult I plan to get a gun, and give my wife a gun... i'm sure that will mean were both a bit more nicer to eachother and that the relationship will last forever...

still a better lovestory than twilight...

but on a serious note PEOPLE SHOULD NOT OWN A GUN IF THEY HAVE KIDS, I DO NOT PLAN ON HAVING KIDS BECAUSE I FOLLOW THE 3 RULES

RULE NO.1 KEEP IT WRAPPED

RULE NO.2 PULL OUT EVEN WITH IT WRAPPED

RULE NO.3 SNEAK BIRTH CONTROL INTO YOUR GF'S CEREAL AT BREAKFAST BECAUSE MURICA

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

I agree 100% when I am an adult I plan to get a gun, and give my wife a gun... i'm sure that will mean were both a bit more nicer to eachother and that the relationship will last forever...

still a better lovestory than twilight...

but on a serious note PEOPLE SHOULD NOT OWN A GUN IF THEY HAVE KIDS, I DO NOT PLAN ON HAVING KIDS BECAUSE I FOLLOW THE 3 RULES

RULE NO.1 KEEP IT WRAPPED

RULE NO.2 PULL OUT EVEN WITH IT WRAPPED

RULE NO.3 SNEAK BIRTH CONTROL INTO YOUR GF'S CEREAL AT BREAKFAST BECAUSE MURICA

Lol at 3

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

gta v is an 18, shit parents for letting him play the game and have access to a gun.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

maybe the i was actualy a premeditated suicide and the grandmother used the child as a face for it and she also happened to not like gta

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

Why was it not in a gun cabinet and why was an 8 year old kid allowed to play a 18+ game? Nothing else need pertain to the argument; poor supervision was the cause.

Also, on topic: Bad parenting 101. Why the hell was the kid playing GTA in the first place?

Your childhood sucked if you didn't play GTA:SA.

That doesn't sound very accurate sir. The people that pay attention to politics will challenge such things no matter where they are.

The people of the USA do not have some sort of inbuilt sense of freedom and justice acquired by divine birthright.

Are you referring to guns in particular? The right to own a gun is ridiculous.

The most recent amnesty for firearms in the UK was in 1997 after a school shooting. I was born in 1989 and have never seen a live firearm in person. My parents in were born in 1963 in rural areas and never have either. We have one of the lowest gun homicide rates in the world.

Example:

Those 2 men that beheaded an off-duty soldier in the street in london had a gun. The best they could get their hands on was a knackered old revolver of some kind. The guy tried to fire it at the police and it blew his hand off.

you can get guns in the uk if you are a criminal

Case: Corsair C70 GunMetalBlack, CPU: Intel 3570k, Mobo: Asus p8z77-v lx, CPU Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 2, RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz lp, Video Card: Asus HD7950 DC2 Top V2, SSD: Samsung 840 pro, HDD: one Seagate 2TB Barracuda, PSU: BeQuiet! Dark Power pro 10 650w, Monitor: Dell UltraSharp u2412m, Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire tk (Brown Switches), Mouse: Steelseries Sensei raw, Sennheiser HD 558

"Rated M for mature" 

And to think government haven't discounted any contraception for this horrific stupidity parent..

The real problem is that a LOADED GUN was left in reach of the kid and that he was allowed to play it. The video game is not the problem. If they did really impact us this bad i would be running around hunting for dragons and daedric artifacts.

Edited by Qpm5

My rig  case- Graphite 600t white CPU-i5 3570k OC 4.0Ghz RAM- 8gb Vengeance memory HDD-WD Black 1tb PSU-tx650 GPU- MSI 770 gameing edition 2gb , gtx 650 1gb Motherboard- asrock extreme 3 z77 Fan controller- NZXT sentry lx CPU cooler- H60 Peripherals- g300 mouse G630 headset k70 silver cherry mx red switches  my free nas nas Case- Dell something.. Ram- 8 gb ecc ddr 2 CPU - Pentium D 3.0ghz HDD currently 160 gb adding 3tb wd red “Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something” –Jake the Dog