Video Convert (Probably graphics forum?)

hug0mac
Go to solution Solved by ALwin,

There is nothing to make it better? Sony Vegas etc... anything? Adobe? There's just 0 to do? That's sad! :(

Nothing at all, even if the creators of your source video recorded it in 4K ultra high bit rate and then converted it to 480p, that conversion to 480p has already discarded all the extra data from the original file.  No way you can recover them.  That's the downside of digital, while it is easy to remaster film.

I was just wondering, for you people who knows more about this than me, let's say this;

Selecting a source file that is 640x480 FLV and selecting to convert it into HVEC with 30,0000kbps bit rate and 1080p, It just won't be 30k bit rate.

So I am wondering, how to really really REALLY make it better quality. CUDA cores, better GPU? More RAM?

Like I said I don't know anything about this but I feel as I need to get many videos in better quality, I guess it won't happen on a normal convert? But more of re-mastering?

Thanks! :)

┏(◑̃.◑̃)┛ Totally Not Dangerous ┏(◐̃.◐̃)┛

i7 4790K / 16GB RAM \ 250GB SSD

snip

If you have a 480p video FLV source file with low bit rate, low quality, there is hardly anything you can do to make it better.  Not even upscaling it to 1080p and increasing the bit rate.  There just isn't anyway, unless by the use of magic, where a video converter could conjure up data to make the video have a higher resolution and quality.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

If you have a 480p video FLV source file with low bit rate, low quality, there is hardly anything you can do to make it better.  Not even upscaling it to 1080p.

There is nothing to make it better? Sony Vegas etc... anything? Adobe? There's just 0 to do? That's sad! :(

That is like taking spoiled food and trying to make it fresh again.

LIBERATOR: Core i5 6400 @ 2.7GHz | GeForce GTX 670 2 GB | HyperX Fury 8GB DDR4 @ 2133 MHz | 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD
My new build; Liberator, Check it out

The more friendly we are, the more helpful we are!

MY OLD BUILD (AKA PREBUILT MONSTROSITY)
INSANITY: AMD Athlon II X2 @ 3.0 GHz | Geforce GT 720 2 GB | 4 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz | 120 GB Silicon Power SSD | 500 GB Hitachi HDD

Nothing at all, even if the creators of your source video recorded it in 4K ultra high bit rate and then converted it to 480p, that conversion to 480p has already discarded all the extra data from the original file.  No way you can recover them.  That's the downside of digital, while it is easy to remaster film.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

So the point of video conversion software are.... feels odd to me that it doesn't work. I guess it just convert file types to other file types :)Then why they include settings...and 4K

Ah... well thanks for the info! Even when it wasn't positive! :)

there is way to clean up the video and make it better...but it requires hundreds of hours of fixing frame by frame

what some studios do with old video

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile