Is getting the MSI R9 380 worth it?

MoonKnightSpidey

It is the same as the others is it not? But... IT LOOKS SO COOL!

PC SPECS: Athlon 860k, MSI 380 4GB, 8GB memory, 1TB HDD, Fractal Design Core 1000

Yes.  MSI makes good GPU's.  Just make sure you get the 4GB version.

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

Yes.  MSI makes good GPU's.  Just make sure you get the 4GB version.

I mean, whats the difference between the MSI one and the cheaper powercolor

PC SPECS: Athlon 860k, MSI 380 4GB, 8GB memory, 1TB HDD, Fractal Design Core 1000

Usually more expensive cards have higher quality components and better power delivery for higher overclocks, however your overclocking is still limited mostly by the infamous silicon lottery.

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).

Better customer support, backplate, probably better acoustics and overclocking capabilities.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Better customer support, backplate, probably better acoustics and overclocking capabilities.

What is the point of the backplate?

I run a TUL. gives great performance. like any of these cards you'll need to adjust the fan speed manually in crimson performance section. stock mine doesn't spin until the card hits 60c. add a metal back plate and there's more heat to consider. but at around 50% the card stays in the mid to upper 60's under load if I remember right. Not on that machine so i can't test it to give the exact numbers. it's also not really loud at that setting either.

I run a TUL. gives great performance. like any of these cards you'll need to adjust the fan speed manually in crimson performance section. stock mine doesn't spin until the card hits 60c. add a metal back plate and there's more heat to consider. but at around 50% the card stays in the mid to upper 60's under load if I remember right. Not on that machine so i can't test it to give the exact numbers. it's also not really loud at that setting either.

TUL?

What is the point of the backplate?

Also helps prevent the card from warping and bending when its inside your PC. Mostly just for looks though.