Dead Pixels? Liquid Spill? What is this?

Morg141

Hey guys. Just wondering what exactly you think this is, and if there's any way to fix it, as I'm a little stumped.

So, I woke up one morning, switched on my PC and was greeted by this...

The lighter blue portion of the... blob... appears to be transparent, mouse cursors and such are somewhat visible, there's also 2/3 pixels that are fine near the middle and edges (the steam logo can slightly be made out in the photo), and seems to slightly change shape when the PC has been powered off all day, then returned to. This has lead me to think that it's somehow a liquid that has got into the display somehow? But this also causes me greater concern, as I have no idea where the liquid could have come from, if an external source, and I don't want the same happening to my Acer XB270HU which is next to it (cost me a pretty penny). There is also another blob on the right top corner of the screen, though it is not as big, and in a rectangle shape.

It's also worth mentioning that it is a LED screen, not LCD.

Do you have any ideas and/or solutions?

Thanks in advance! :)

post-47140-0-72841600-1448909711_thumb.j

| i7-4930K | ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition | Ballistix Tactical Tracers 32GB | Gigabyte GTX 780ti Ghz Edition | Corsair RM 850|

oh man... that's a dead panel.

don't think you're going to get any sort of a fix for that unless you've got a warranty.

Sorry mate.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

There's NO such thing as a "LED panel". ALL panels are *LCD*, CRT or OLED (and you can't find OLED panels easily at the moment, without paying more than what a cheap car would cost you).  LED refers to the *backlight*, meaning the LCD panels use a LED or W-LED backlight, as opposed to a CCFL backlight used by older panels.

Your panel is shot.  RMA it.

oh man... that's a dead panel.

don't think you're going to get any sort of a fix for that unless you've got a warranty.

Sorry mate.

There's NO such thing as a "LED panel". ALL panels are *LCD*, CRT or OLED (and you can't find OLED panels easily at the moment, without paying more than what a cheap car would cost you).  LED refers to the *backlight*, meaning the LCD panels use a LED or W-LED backlight, as opposed to a CCFL backlight used by older panels.

Your panel is shot.  RMA it.

Hm. That sucks. But if it really is the panel gone, at least that gives me the excuse to buy something nice to replace it, like a 1440p IPS. It seems to lighten and become more transparent throughout the day, is this something you'd normally see with shot panels? What normally causes a panel to go like this?

post-47140-0-08024100-1448925580_thumb.j

| i7-4930K | ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition | Ballistix Tactical Tracers 32GB | Gigabyte GTX 780ti Ghz Edition | Corsair RM 850|