Advice: R7 370 and GTX 960

Hey guys,

I'm just seeking advice. I have been out of the loop for a while, with my last PC build being years and years ago. I am graduating from my masters program and wanted to treat myself with a new build. I have been gaming off of laptops since my last pc build. 

Anyways, I only intend on doing 1080p gaming for the foreseeable future. I bought a monitor with 1ms and something between 60-80 Hz refresh rate (I can't even seem to find a conclusive answer), either way 60 FPS is all I intend on hitting. 

I just picked up a R7 370 4gb card, without doing extensive research before I made the leap. 

I am still confident with this purchase, but I am now thinking I should have spent a bit more to have gotten a better single card. 

The contemplation:

The GTX 960 2gb can be had for $160-170 (160 being a refurbished card).

I paid $150 for the R7 370 4gb (with an additional $10 MIR that I am excluding for now ($140 w/ MIR))

Will the R7 370 be a strong candidate for crossfire in the future due to having more VRAM (from what I keep reading is the processor on the card is the bottleneck, not the vram - the 2 gb version would have likely suited just fine for single monitor 1080p gaming)?

Is it a better candidate for dual configuration than the 960's would be, due to vram being a potential botleneck in the future?

Should I return the 370 and get the 960?  (edit: I know the 960 is a better performing card (it seems at ~10% more effective in the bechmarking I've seen)

Thank guys,

I am really overthinking it at this point. 

Bottom  Line - Get the Best Single Card Possible (within reason) 

960 seems like the best card right now, but the 960 Ti was announced the other day so maybe you wanna wait for that? 

If your planning on SLI in the Future your gonna want the 960 4GB edition 

The Budget option is just keep the 370 

Current: R2600X@4.0GHz\\ Corsair Air 280x \\ RTX 2070 \\ 16GB DDR3 2666 \\ 1KW EVGA Supernova\\ Asus B450 TUF

Old Systems: A6 5200 APU -- A10 7800K + HD6670 -- FX 9370 + 2X R9 290 -- G3258 + R9 280 -- 4690K + RX480

Why is the 970 sli a potential bottleneck?

sorry, error, I meant to write 960. Changed, thanks

Bottom  Line - Get the Best Single Card Possible (within reason) 

960 seems like the best card right now, but the 960 Ti was announced the other day so maybe you wanna wait for that? 

If your planning on SLI in the Future your gonna want the 960 4GB edition 

The Budget option is just keep the 370 

The 960 is already a bit more than I want to spend. Are you are implying the cost of the 960 should decrease? 

If I keep the 370, I can see myself picking up a second one within a month or two. But I would have a hard justifying that with the 960, with the information I am currently armed with.

Bumping this for additional insight