Will the Pentium G3258 Work With this Motherboard

I am mostly asking what generation this thing is as this motherboard only supports 4th generation Intel processors, but does anyone know if the G3258 will work on this motherboard? I am not planning to do any overclocking (Yes I know that's what the G3258 is mostly commonly used for). Also, does the problem with the G3258 still around where it will have problems with Windows 10. I will be installing Windows 10 Home and if the problem still exist, let me know how to fix it.

Motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157390&ignorebbr=1

it will work most likely. if it was on a store shelf for a long time, it might need a bios update in order to work.

The site has changed....

Works with motherboard, should be fine with Win10.

Desktop: i5 4670k, Z97-K, 16GB, MSI GTX 770, Evga 850G2, TT T31

Freenas Server: i3 4170, X10-SLL-F-O, Crucial 16GB UDIMM, 4x4TB WD Red, Evga 550GS, Fractal 804

Peripheral: K60, HyperX Cloud

Mobile: Nexus 6P 

yes they are the same socket.

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

I am mostly asking what generation this thing is as this motherboard only supports 4th generation Intel processors, but does anyone know if the G3258 will work on this motherboard? I am not planning to do any overclocking (Yes I know that's what the G3258 is mostly commonly used for). Also, does the problem with the G3258 still around where it will have problems with Windows 10. I will be installing Windows 10 Home and if the problem still exist, let me know how to fix it.

Motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157390&ignorebbr=1

It's possible it might need a BIOS update first. Not very likely considering the G3258 came out almost a year and a half ago, but still possible. Also, you're crazy not to bump up the clockspeed a bit. It's a low power CPU while the heatsink they give you is for an i5 or i7, so you have lots of headroom to go up to around 4.0 GHz or so a lot of the time before you'll start having to pump lots of voltage into it. I don't think I had to increase voltage until 4.0 GHz or so on mine.

It's possible it might need a BIOS update first. Not very likely considering the G3258 came out almost a year and a half ago, but still possible. Also, you're crazy not to bump up the clockspeed a bit. It's a low power CPU while the heatsink they give you is for an i5 or i7, so you have lots of headroom to go up to around 4.0 GHz or so a lot of the time before you'll start having to pump lots of voltage into it. I don't think I had to increase voltage until 4.0 GHz or so on mine.

While I agree with you generally, the chipset on this board probably wont even support much of a frequency increase let alone a voltage increase.  Also, I wouldn't generally OC on a $60 mobo.  But it won't hurt to try just a bit I guess

i5-4690k @ 3.5ghz - Gigabyte R9390 - MSI Z97S SLI Krait - 2x4GB S.Skill RAM @ 2400 NZXT S340 - EVGA 850W B2 -  Silicon Power S60 240GB SSD (boot + main programs) - Segate 1TB (Mass storage)

Is that how you signature?

While I agree with you generally, the chipset on this board probably wont even support much of a frequency increase let alone a voltage increase.  Also, I wouldn't generally OC on a $60 mobo.  But it won't hurt to try just a bit I guess

My G3258 was fine at 4.4 GHz, 1.18V on a $50 Gigabyte H81 board.