My pc is stuck in a Gigabyte uefi dualbios boot loop

princessrainbow

So, the problem started yesterday when my dad turned on the computer, he said he got to the desktop normally and then he inserted a USB stick into a usb 3.0 but he accidentally pressed the reset switch, so then the computer started to do this weird boot loop thing, where it turns on for a second, turns back off, then turns on again to the point where it says GIGABYTE UEFI DUALBIOS on top of the screen with a blue background just like this 

and i cant even access the bios by pressing either delete, f12 or get into safe mode with f8. I tried everything, i removed the GPU. removed the RAM, running on only 1 stick of RAM, i removed the motherboard battery for 10 mins and using the screwdriver method for the pins to shorten the CMOS now the thing is, idk if this is related but my usb 3.0 socket in the motherboard, 2 pins were bent, we we're able to put them back in place and the usb 3.0 works normally. i even tried to flash the bios with holding the power button and flicking the PSU switch until the fans start spinning, it only works the frist time when i switch the PSU on but then it doens't want to. so i dont know if the MOBO is the real issue here, the last thing i want is to switch the mobo. 

My Pc specs are :

i5 4690

Gigabyte H97-HD3 

Gigabyte R9 390 windforce

XFX TS 550 W 80 plus bronze.

1 TB western digital HDD

Corsair vengeance 2x4gb 1600mhz

CD/DVD burner. 

Cooler master hyper 212 evo. 

Note : pc was working normally for 2 months since its brand new. 

have you tried switching to the secondary bios?

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

i haven't tried that

try that, for me its a physical switch on the motherboard...even if you can only run the 1 bios its better then nothing but you might be able to reflash the 1st bios and get both back if you are lucky.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

How can i switch to the secondary bios?

Not possible, your board doesn't have a switch. The second UEFI should automatically enable itself if the first one dies.

Just for reference could you try unplugging all the usb headers from the board and see if that helps.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Not possible, your board doesn't have a switch. The second UEFI should automatically enable itself if the first one dies.

Just for reference could you try unplugging all the usb headers from the board and see if that helps.

I tried it, doesnt seem to be working :/ my guess is that the mobo has to be replaced

Did you disconnect all the USB 2 & 3 headers?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

How can i switch to the secondary bios?

id check your manual (or look it up online), as I said it was a small physical switch near my...sata ports IIRC but I dunno if its the same for you. I looked up your mobo and im getting conflicting pictures between the manual and pictures on google images so im really not sure where it is on yours

If it helps at all this is the switch on my board

VUZbE8X.png

System Specs

was worried about that.

System Specs

id check your manual (or look it up online), as I said it was a small physical switch near my...sata ports IIRC but I dunno if its the same for you. I looked up your mobo and im getting conflicting pictures between the manual and pictures on google images so im really not sure where it is on yours

If it helps at all this is the switch on my board

VUZbE8X.png

im affraid my mobo doesnt have this switch, im looking for it in the manual, cant see it

Hi !

to be clear , you dad was using your computer or his ? please state his motherboard model .; 

my dad was using my computer and then this problem occured

my dad was using my computer and then this problem occured

Hmm hi ! , I can recommend you unplugging the USB Plug to the motherboard and do one more CMOS Reset . Would you try it out ? 

where was the bend pins were ? front CASING usb ? or Rear USB ? Remove any IDE or SATA connected DVD Drive and HDD see will it post to BIOS .

• 4 years later...

You mentioned that your MOBO is a Gigabyte H97-HD3 , luckily this motherboard has the dualBIOS feature , so you should be able to recover the bios if it's corrupted.

When the computer is off, hold the power button until the computer is off again , then press the power button once , what will happen is your motherboard might restart after these steps and it should enter the recovery mode , you can watch this video and follow it step by step, this is the link to the video:  

NOTE: if the recovery mode worked for you it will flash your main BIOS to the first bios of this motherboard in your case it's version F2, but you don't have to worry about  compatibility because your motherboard supported your CPU since the first version of the bios , I checked your motherboard support page, here's the link https://www.gigabyte.com/Ajax/SupportFunction/Getcpulist?Type=Product&Value=4954

I hope I could help you with  your problem in my first post and sorry for my English.

I thought the thread started in 2019 not 2015 !!