980 ti Windforce - 97% on Blops3

TitanXYZ
Go to solution Solved by Samfisher,

I thought that was bad haha, I'm a PC noob.

Utilization is not the same as GPU load.  Utilization means that the engine makes full use of the available power, and not because it's badly coded but because it's pretty enough to warrant needing that amount of power.  That being said, turn V-Sync on and the utilization should drop like a rock.

My GPU seems to be running at 97% on Blops3. Is this normal?. 

That is very good utilization, yes.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

That is very good utilization, yes.

Utilization is not the same as GPU load.  Utilization means that the engine makes full use of the available power, and not because it's badly coded but because it's pretty enough to warrant needing that amount of power.  That being said, turn V-Sync on and the utilization should drop like a rock.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Ah, ok thanks