Buying laptop for adobe suite Halp plz

Radsta

Hey guys, I'm looking to pickup a laptop that will only be used for work based stuff, in particular photoshop, some indesign and illustrator as well, Budget is negotiable but obviously cheaper is better, the kind of work shouldn't be too taxing on the cpu, but looking for an i7(or i5 if otherwise recommended), 8gb ram, 2 drive slots would be optimal, What are your thoughts on laptop models that have an ips display for this kind of work, atleast 1920x1080. cheers fellas.

CPU: Intel i7 3820 @ 4.37Ghz | RAM: Kingston Hyper X 16Gb | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 | GPU: MSI HD 7950 Twin Frozr ii edition | Storage: 2 x Samsung Evo 840 500GB (Raid 0) | PSU: Corsair RM-850 | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler: Corsair H110 | OS: Win7 | Monitor: Sony 40" TV | Mouse: Corsair M65 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Audio: Harman/Kardon

snip

Well if budget is negotiable I would recommend a Retina Macbook Pro 15".   But what exactly is the range of budget you are willing to commit?

When you say 2 drive slots, do you mean it should come with 2 SSD/HDD storage drives?

You might also be interested in looking at this list of laptops with good displays

http://www.notebookcheck.net/The-Best-Notebook-Displays-As-Reviewed-By-Notebookcheck.120541.0.html

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Hey guys, I'm looking to pickup a laptop that will only be used for work based stuff, in particular photoshop, some indesign and illustrator as well, Budget is negotiable but obviously cheaper is better, the kind of work shouldn't be too taxing on the cpu, but looking for an i7(or i5 if otherwise recommended), 8gb ram, 2 drive slots would be optimal, What are your thoughts on laptop models that have an ips display for this kind of work, atleast 1920x1080. cheers fellas.

http://www.xoticpc.com/custom-gaming-laptops-notebooks-gaming-laptops-ct-118-96-98.html

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Hey guys, I'd rather go pc, not a fan of apple products. Touch screen isn't necessary, something slim and light would be good, going to have to lug this thing around a fair bit. 2 hdd/ssd slots would also be prefferable, doesn't need to come with large capacity drives I can get cheaper parts elsewhere if need be. Just looking to find a laptop with decent workstation specs and high quality screen for photo and art work editing, No preferred brands, but i'd like to stay away from the "gamer" aesthetic; something clean, thin and light weight. thanks for the help! any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated

CPU: Intel i7 3820 @ 4.37Ghz | RAM: Kingston Hyper X 16Gb | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 | GPU: MSI HD 7950 Twin Frozr ii edition | Storage: 2 x Samsung Evo 840 500GB (Raid 0) | PSU: Corsair RM-850 | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler: Corsair H110 | OS: Win7 | Monitor: Sony 40" TV | Mouse: Corsair M65 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Audio: Harman/Kardon

snip

Most slim and lightweight laptops don't usually come with 2 drives, so you're better off looking for a laptop with a large capacity SSD.  Many slim and lightweight laptops also do not tend to have a dedicated GPU.

Sounds like you're looking for about $3000+ specs in a $1000 laptop.  I've already given you a link to a comparison of some laptops and their displays.  Look in that list.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Hey Alwin, yeah you are right, I haven't really done any research properly in the laptop range, realistically though I'd be going for an i5, 8gb ram, no dedicated gpu and probably second hand. A second drive isn't really necessary but it would be handy as I can pick up some smaller ssds on the cheap atm. lets say I drop some of my expectations, do you have any recommendations in a $1000 budget?