Feminists These Days...

theereal

I'm a huge supporter of equality. But that means EQUALITY. 

Feminism is an attempt to break down the gender divide by focusing solely on the issues of one gender. It's fundamentally flawed. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I hear gamergate getting tossed around alot? What Is It exactly?

Google Zoe Quinn and you'll get bombarded with lots of articles on the matter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamergate_controversy

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Yeah but they arent feminists though

No true scotsman fallacy.

What does this have to do with Feminism?

More than you'd think: Most modern Feminists actually live in priviledged societies where they are actually no longer oppressed whatsoever perpetuating myths like the pay wage gap (It is illegal to pay a woman less, if this was true they could report it to the police instead of writing essays or giving seminars, even by feminists quoted studies the pay difference is related to woman's personal choices like having kids or selecting majors like social studies and such which are known to pay a lot less) the rape culture (Crying there's an epidemic of rape in campuses and such when in fact numbers show the opposite to be true) and weaseling their way into mediums that have nothing to do with Feminism like games to seek more sympathy and support for their cause. They do this precisely because they have won enough battles already but they refuse to give up their rhetoric since it affords them power and authority and sometimes even money: there is such a thing (imo) as a professional victim: someone who makes a living out of painting him or herself as a victim of oppression while at the same time actively censoring any dissenting opinions without showing an ounce of remorse for this hypocrisy.

In sort: it has nothing to do with Feminism, yet they still lecture us about our hobby and directly try to attack gamers with lies and deceit as per #Gamergate. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

I survived a gender studies course with focus on pre-colonial (1400s-1600s), colonial (1600s-1940s), and post-colonial (1950s-1990s) theories on sexuality with inclusion of 1st wave feminism and intersectional feminism... (Yes... I took the plunge to see how they think...)

I still don't understand how the 1st world (pseudo)feminists think...

I can roughly categorize them as using radical + intersectional feminists, but the more aggressive ones fall under misandry...

I survived a gender studies course with focus on pre-colonial (1400s-1600s), colonial (1600s-1940s), and post-colonial (1950s-1990s) theories on sexuality with inclusion of 1st wave feminism and intersectional feminism... (Yes... I took the plunge to see how they think...)

I still don't understand how the 1st world (pseudo)feminists think...

I can roughly categorize them as using radical + intersectional feminists, but the more aggressive ones fall under misandry...

Eloquently said, sir!

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

Yeah, dont solve the Issues with equal pay etc,

I9vxhRq.png

Solved many, many years ago.

Modern day feminism in first world countries is a power grab from brainwashed, spoilt brats.

Third world feminism, however, is very good. 

To be fair, those clothes were abit revealing, but It's the same stuff In movies, and In REAL LIFE, but these femenazis attack video games...

Honestly, who cares? 

"O shit m9, girls wearing revealing clothing" coming from the same stupid group that tells women to embrace themselves. Make your fucking mind up.

EDIT: wasn't addressing you personally

-snip-

Solved many, many years ago.

Modern day feminism in first world countries is a power grab from brainwashed, spoilt brats.

Third world feminism, however, is very good.

I think Sargon said this in a series...

and yes, I agree that 3rd world feminism can actually bring change... feminists here actually helped draft the Reproductive Health Bill (a very controversial law since the country is mostly made up of conservative Christians)...

all the more reason why I can't see 1st world feminism in a positive light, since all/most of that they once fought for have already been resolved (at least within their immediate contexts)...

I think Sargon said this in a series...

and yes, I agree that 3rd world feminism can actually bring change... feminists here actually helped draft the Reproductive Health Bill (a very controversial law since the country is mostly made up of conservative Christians)...

all the more reason why I can't see 1st world feminism in a positive light, since all/most of that they once fought for have already been resolved (at least within their immediate contexts)...

Exactly. Over 50 years ago, 1st world feminism was needed. Nowadays, if anything, women are more privileged than men in terms of law and "justice" due to pressure groups. In the 3rd world, where education is not given to women etc., that's where it's needed.

Anti first world feminists do bring up bad points though. The banning of the burqa for example, it's a cultural thing. That's why I'm an egalitarian (mostly 3rd world, although there is some discrimination against groups such as muslims in the 1st world IMO) instead of a third world feminist.

Yeah, dont solve the Issues with equal pay etc, make sure we get female video game characters, cause thats going to Improve society... -_-

http://kotaku.com/theres-a-female-link-and-her-name-is-linkle-1620664557

I have to agree with you here. I just see this as some kind of politically correct statement rather than a genuine effort to create a good female video game character. And of course, then when you complain about it, people just accuse you of being a bigot and a sexist. If there was an actual reason to create a female Link, like for story purposes, then I'm fine with it. But there isn't. It's like of like the whole thing recently about wanting to make Spiderman gay, or the Human Torch black. Those characters are just NOT gay and black. That's not the character. It's just a political statement. And then when you come out and say that this is bull, then they just say that you're some kind of racist, sexist, bigot, homophobe, what have you.