What do you guys think of this (Canadian) budget build?

krazykhris875

you can get better and cheaper SSDs than that

also that power supply is crap and has blown up for many people

get something from EVGA or seasonic

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Check it out here: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/VvNgGX

Don't forget to set your pcpartpicker to Canada so you'll get the prices that apply to me, especially if you plan on editing it.

Pretty good build, Im gonna be using that same RAM in a upcoming build in 2016 so props

Current PC Specs

GPU: 750ti CPU: AMD FX-6300 PSU: EVGA 500W Case: Corsair Carbide Series Windowed 100R Mobo: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P

I would defiantly try to get 16 gigs of ram if you can because I only got 8 for my video editing build and my apps would be bottle necked because of the 8 gigs. But then again somepeople said it wasn't a problem for them so.....

I would get rid of the FX-6300, and replace it with an intel i3. I also agree with Endermans opinion.

By the way, that amazon price is from amazon.com in USD, so the FX-6300 is really over $100CAD.

blackshades on

My fellow canadian brethren! I reside 300km west of you.

the build is pretty good as is, however it would be better if you could ditch one of the ssd's and get an intel processor like the 4460. They tend to have more consistent performance in games, and would likely last you through more gpu upgrade cycles.

Also ditch the ssds completely if it means you can get a better PSU.

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

I would get rid of the FX-6300, and replace it with an intel i3. I also agree with Endermans opinion.

By the way, that amazon price is from amazon.com in USD, so the FX-6300 is really over $100CAD.

A lot of people have commented on the PSU, I'll definitely get a better one. My main reason for getting the 6300 was that not only is it cheap, but the number of cores ensures it will play even the newest games, some of which just don't work well with dual cores any more, so I can't go with an i3.

Check out my YouTube channel, if you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6yGDp0DLOAl05CVAlQgwpQ?sub_confirmation=1

A lot of people have commented on the PSU, I'll definitely get a better one. My main reason for getting the 6300 was that not only is it cheap, but the number of cores ensures it will play even the newest games, some of which just don't work well with dual cores any more, so I can't go with an i3.

This does not apply to the i3 since it has 4 threads. There are only two games that don't work with true dual cores, but most of that has been fixed. The FX-6300 will hold you back in terms of upgrades.

blackshades on