1st boot - no video, no idea

Enf
Go to solution Solved by Chris_R.,

Is there a possibility that it might have been the screws attaching the motherboard to the case? tightened them a a little bit more and it's working. :o I still can't believe it

Quite possibly. It could have been grounding out the board. Glad it's working :)

Hi guys, I'd really use your help right now.

Today I assembled my first self built pc(I am a newbie in this, so it might be a stupid mistake in this case) . Still, it doesn't run properly. Ad rem:

When I plugged power cord in etc. I plugged it into tv(monitor is still on its way) and pressed the power button fans started spinning, and getting a little warmed up, case leds turned on, as well as the ones on my keyboard. Still, TV was still acting like there was no signal. I have used the hdmi cable - cable as well as TV is working fine. Tested it with other devices. Triple checked the pins - I might add some photos if you guys need it. Perhaps I made it wrong, but I don't suppose so. I don't have a speaker on my motherboard, but I might get one tomorrow, so I right now I don't know if there were any beeps. It doesn't reboot by itself. It looks stable at doing nothing. I'd really use some help here with all the ideas you can come up with. Deadlines are pretty heavy on me right now.

Pc specs:

Motherboard : gigabyte F2A78M-D3H

CPU : AMD athlon x4 860k

GPU : Msi R9 270

RAM : corsair vengeance 2x4gb ddr3

PCU : Antec HGC-520

I've heard some theories that it might be unable to boot the pc first time with hdmi cable.

I would really appreciate your help. I need to get this thing working asap. :(

What is the wattage on PSU? Check the graphics card. Perhaps try using on board graphics and see if you can get a signal. If you do get a signal with on board graphics, GPU may be at fault.

I'd say start with the basics. Try different inputs on the TV and outputs on the GPU. Then try re-seating the GPU. Then try using on board graphics. If on board graphics works, get an old graphics card and try it. If that works, then suspect the GPU. If it doesn't look into the Motherboard pci socket, and PSU.

Hope those suggestions may help! :)

Thanks!

Chris R.

6-pin gpu power connector installed properly?

8-pin cpu power connector installed properly?

plugged hdmi cable into the gpu?

What is the wattage on PSU? Check the graphics card. Perhaps try using on board graphics and see if you can get a signal. If you do get a signal with on board graphics, GPU may be at fault.

I'd say start with the basics. Try different inputs on the TV and outputs on the GPU. Then try re-seating the GPU. Then try using on board graphics. If on board graphics works, get an old graphics card and try it. If that works, then suspect the GPU. If it doesn't look into the Motherboard pci socket, and PSU.

Hope those suggestions may help! :)

It's 520W. Tried using different slots for video output - the ones from the GPS and motherboard. I can only use hdmi right now. I'm not sure if it matters. Tried to run it with and without GPU, still the same result. Tried running it with just one stick of ram as well. No results.

Edit:

6-pin gpu power connector installed properly?

8-pin cpu power connector installed properly?

plugged hdmi cable into the gpu?

3x yes. Unless there's some black magics that it comes with, everything is connected properly

Maybe some Pics?

If on-board graphics does not work, then it could be either motherboard related or power related. Problem is you can't see to get into the BIOS.

Have you tried spamming F12 or F2 or whatever your board recommends on boot?

Thanks!

Chris R.

Is there a possibility that it might have been the screws attaching the motherboard to the case? tightened them a a little bit more and it's working. :o I still can't believe it

Quite possibly. It could have been grounding out the board. Glad it's working :)

Thanks!

Chris R.

Oh my God, I've spent whole evening assembling it and worrying why is it not working, and it was just the one screw that was too loose... I'm super glad it's working :) sorry for bothering you guys, and thanks a lot for your effort! Appreciate it!