Need Help with PC Fan Mounting Options!

Aleksbgbg

I need some help with mounting fans in my case.

I have a pre-built PC so:

-I know cable management is horrible, there is no space at the back of the case

-I know the specs are horrible but I am working on slowly upgrading it

Here is a picture of the inside of the PC:

post-237831-0-39563800-1448477861_thumb.

I want to know whether it is possible to put a fan in the space to the left where there are a few holes to blow some cool air in? The CPU is under the intel stock cooler, the PSU is the thing with the fan above the CPU and the GPU is a bit below the CPU as you would expect.

Also, looking at this picture:

post-237831-0-41047200-1448477758_thumb.

Are these ventilation holes or fan mounts? Would I be able to put an exhaust fan in here? Or an intake, and an exhaust in the previously mentioned space? Thanks.

P.S. I want some ventilation because I am planning to put an i7-3770 in and want it to keep a long lifespan :)

||| Drakon (Desktop Build) |||

|| CPU: 3800X || Cooler: Kraken X63 || Motherboard: B450 Aorus M || Memory: HyperX DDR4-3200MHz 16G ||

|| Storage: 512GB 970 Pro + 500GB 850 EVO + 250GB 850 EVO + 1TB HDD + 2TB HDD || Graphics Card: RX 5700 XT Red Devil || Case: Thermaltake Core V21 || PSU: XFX XTR 750W 80+Gold || 

There are no labels on the picture....

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

There are no labels on the picture....

Sorry I failed and had to re-upload with an edit, it removed the labels, text is edited so check now.

|| CPU: 3800X || Cooler: Kraken X63 || Motherboard: B450 Aorus M || Memory: HyperX DDR4-3200MHz 16G ||

|| Storage: 512GB 970 Pro + 500GB 850 EVO + 250GB 850 EVO + 1TB HDD + 2TB HDD || Graphics Card: RX 5700 XT Red Devil || Case: Thermaltake Core V21 || PSU: XFX XTR 750W 80+Gold || 

Sorry I failed and had to re-upload with an edit, it removed the labels, text is edited so check now.

Yes, you can mount a fan there. Those look like 80mm and 92mm mounting holes, so that would be the size fans that you can install in that location. Traditionally the rear fan is used as an exhaust fan in order to pull hot air away from the CPU. If you really want to use it as an intake fan I would recommend getting a mesh fan filter to put there so that you can filter out some of the dust that will get pulled in.

Edit: I would suggest you go to MNPCTech's website and download the case fan templates to conclusively determine what size fans fit there.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

I would scrap that case. is it a micro atx board?

I don't know, it is an ASRock H61-VG3

and I can't scrap that case, as I said I'm in the process of upgrading.

I don't have any money, I'm 15. Whatever I collect (in money) decides whatever I get.

Collecting for a S340 though, after a PSU change.

okay, yes, it is micro atx..... forget the case for now. didn't realize your situation.

any idea what case it is?

do yourself a favor. shut down/unplug computer...... push start button to help discharge what stored power you can. take the case outside. use a container of canned air and blow all the build up dust from everything. fans/heatsinks/motherboard/power supply/gpu/everything.

You can put a fan in the top picture. As it's the rear I would make it an exhaust rather than intake however that won't matter which one you pick.

I'm guessing the second picture is the top of the case? If so then the hole on the left is a fan mount but looks like you need to drill out two of the holes. Use it as an exhaust, never as an intake.

The vent on the right is just a vent. Somewhere for excess air to leave and for hot air to escape naturally. 

It's not a race to the bottom.

i was looking at the one on the right. the 4 holes in the corners look like they will al.low a fan screw to pass though.

was hoping for case model to have a better look and give suggestions.