R9 390 for 280$

Typing.....

Im getting an R9 390 G1 Gaming Edition from Gigabyte....Worth? I've heard Gigabyte cards is not good for amd and cause problems....

Main Gaming Rig: Processor: i7 4790, RAM: Kingston HyperX CL9 16GB DDR3 1867Mhz, GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 2-way SLI, Mobo: Gigabyte Z97 Gaming 5, PSU: Corsair RM 1000W, Storage:120GB OCZ SSD, 1TB Seagate HDD, 

Notebook:Ideapad wid i5 @1.6 Ghz and GT820m wid 4GB RAM

Im getting an R9 390 G1 Gaming Edition from Gigabyte....Worth? I've heard Gigabyte cards is not good for amd and cause problems....

Gigabyte's cards aren't the best, but it's still a 390, which is a beast.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Stay away from Gigabyte and Asus if you can. They don't have the best coolers out there.

wait for the Sapphire Nitro to go on sale or something - THAT is a good cooler.

Although Gigabyte certainly isn't the worst.

it's not the best of brands, but for 280$ it's totally worth it

... asus is currently the worst at AMD

Stay away from Gigabyte and Asus if you can. They don't have the best coolers out there.

wait for the Sapphire Nitro to go on sale or something - THAT is a good cooler.

Although Gigabyte certainly isn't the worst.

Offer lasts till nov 30, should I wait for deals and if i dont get a better one should i get this?

Main Gaming Rig: Processor: i7 4790, RAM: Kingston HyperX CL9 16GB DDR3 1867Mhz, GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 2-way SLI, Mobo: Gigabyte Z97 Gaming 5, PSU: Corsair RM 1000W, Storage:120GB OCZ SSD, 1TB Seagate HDD, 

Hi,i have seen that you have the msi 390.What is your experience with the card regarding temps and noise? I am about to pull the trigger for that one

Your best off with MSI and sapphire

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Offer lasts till nov 30, should I wait for deals and if i dont get a better one should i get this?

Sounds good.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

The early batch of G1 390s had shutdown problems. Its cooler is a measly little dual fan that's worse than the maxwell G1. Its also hard volt locked, so forget about overclocking. If you're buying a G1 390 forget about it. Its existence makes powercolor PCS+ look like a god sent. If you can't find a 390 at that price range, you can look at the 970 if you don't need that vram. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Hi,i have seen that you have the msi 390.What is your experience with the card regarding temps and noise? I am about to pull the trigger for that one

LOVE IT.

Very quiet, because of the zero decibel fan mode when it's idling, and it's even near-silent under load. Temps are good (45 degrees idling with 0db fan mode and never goes above 65 degrees in games) and it has all the horsepower necessary to drive AAA games at Ultra 1080p 60fps no problem. In fact, I'm upgrading to 2560x1080 and it still shouldn't break a sweat. I say go for it.

Your best off with MSI and sapphire

yea but they're like 300Aed ( I live in Dubai... 300Aed is around 60$) costlier

>implying that directcu 3 is bad

Not implying. It's pretty much common knowledge. What could they have changed about their implementation of a direct-copper heatsink that could make it better?

MSI and Sapphire have it in the bag. Gigabyte and Powercolor sort of have it in the bag. Asus has historically been unable to keep Hawaii cards cool and all I've heard is that it hasn't changed.

Unless they want to go back to their triple-slot implementation of DCU II - that'd do well.

LOVE IT.

Very quiet, because of the zero decibel fan mode when it's idling, and it's even near-silent under load. Temps are good (45 degrees idling with 0db fan mode and never goes above 65 degrees in games) and it has all the horsepower necessary to drive AAA games at Ultra 1080p 60fps no problem. In fact, I'm upgrading to 2560x1080 and it still shouldn't break a sweat. I say go for it.

Only 65 degrees? damm thats cool,do you have v-sync enabled?

Only 65 degrees? damm thats cool,do you have v-sync enabled?

Yes.

>implying that directcu 3 is bad

It kind of is. ASUS's AMD GPUs always ran very hot, and DU III is no exception.

Not implying. It's pretty much common knowledge. What could they have changed about their implementation of a direct-copper heatsink that could make it better?

MSI and Sapphire have it in the bag. Gigabyte and Powercolor sort of have it in the bag. Asus has historically been unable to keep Hawaii cards cool and all I've heard is that it hasn't changed.

Unless they want to go back to their triple-slot implementation of DCU II - that'd do well.

what about HIS,XFX and Club3D?

@Typing..... why are you getting 390 if you have 970 SLI?

Nothing special about those coolers. They're fine.

Its for my brother..

They're pretty good as well, Club3D is the PCS+ rebrand so its thermals are about as good as Sapphire. XFX Will be in the middle range. Not as good as Sapphire/PCS+ but much better than the G1.   

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Nothing special about those coolers. They're fine.

XFX are quite good, I'd rate their coolers better than MSI ones if there was a 0db idle mode.

I used to be quite active here.

yea but they're like 300Aed ( I live in Dubai... 300Aed is around 60$) costlier

have someone in Egypt bring it over :D

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.