Worst GPU In History

Fliper143

Any sub $75 graphic card. Just.. Don't. The onboard graphics will more than likely be better than that.

I don't know the R7 250x is only $65 right now and it is quite a bit better than onboard graphics, and shouldn't leave people in that price range complaining.

Edit My worst card was a Radeon 5450 passive that i put into a family members pc. I needed to add 2 more fans to keep it from over heating when they watched flash videos XFX really screwed up their cooler choice for that card.. (there was already a case fan before I added the other 2)

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

You've got to be kidding me

No I'm not kidding. It was loud, hot, and power hungry.

i agree on AMD but the R9?!

it's a mobile gpu and it's nowhere near as good as a R9270. it struggles to do the heaven benchmark. I got 11fps.

Maybe you guys don't remember this, but the worst (disappointing) GPU in my opinion was Geforce 4 MX. 

The name had weight behind it back when Geforce was the disruptive force, but it was worst than the Geforce 3. 

cant even play cs 1.6 hahahaha well maybe

CPU: Intel i5 4690k @4.2ghz MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Hero-RAM:HyperX Fury 8gb PSU: Corsair CX750M-GPU: MSI 390x 8g HDD:WD Green 1TB KEYBOARD: Rosewill RGB8-MOUSE: Corsair Gaming RGB M65

all of them. they are all technically terrible.

High end GPU's get 60 FPS @ 4K in demanding games. That is TERRIBLE! In my mind if you buy high end, you should be absolutely destroying benchmarks and have a card that lasts for many years, but sadly this isn't the case. 

In my mind, at this point; mid-range GPU's should be able to handle 4K and get decent numbers, but not even that is true! I feel like we are still in the 1080p age with GPU's but we are in the middle of the 4K movement and it's just not working.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

uhh whats that?

a card that must be put down... stuck between the spirit world of AGP and the material world of PCIE

High end GPU's get 60 FPS @ 4K in demanding games. That is TERRIBLE! In my mind if you buy high end, you should be absolutely destroying benchmarks and have a card that lasts for many years, but sadly this isn't the case. 

In my mind, at this point; mid-range GPU's should be able to handle 4K and get decent numbers, but not even that is true! I feel like we are still in the 1080p age with GPU's but we are in the middle of the 4K movement and it's just not working.

Pascal where r u 

Do you even remember how long into the 1080P era we where before anything but high end cards could push games like crysis and The witcher on ultra high settings? 1080P was quite old before even high end cards could crush AAA games at highest settings.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

Do you even remember how long into the 1080P era we where before anything but high end cards could push games like crysis and The witcher on ultra high settings? 1080P was quite old before even high end cards could crush AAA games at highest settings.

No. I started gaming in the middle of the 1080p era. On a 720p monitor xD

I guess GPU tech has always been *behind* then. Hopefully it'll get better... But I doubt it

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

9300ge

The system had a integrated GPU better than it

But HP went fuck you

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I don't know the R7 250x is only $65 right now and it is quite a bit better than onboard graphics, and shouldn't leave people in that price range complaining.

Edit My worst card was a Radeon 5450 passive that i put into a family members pc. I needed to add 2 more fans to keep it from over heating when they watched flash videos XFX really screwed up their cooler choice for that card.. (there was already a case fan before I added the other 2)

Oh right, I meant $75 CAD. The R7 250x is like $150 in Canada. (on NCIX anyway)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

R9 280X, more specifically Sapphire Toxic(and Asus)

2 cards- 1 had artifacts, the other bad BIOS, and it's not only me.