THE FIXER Part 2

ACatWithThumbs

Eh, first one was much better. I only found the ending funny (like a teeny weeny bit) ... and I'm tired as. Everything should be funny to me nowwwwwww.

"And yet my mind is screaming, provoked in an icy sweat. It’s pleading and begging for a release, scraping the walls of a padded cell, pounding hopelessly at the floors that won’t even deliver the gift of pain."  - Why I Don't Dream Anymore

that ad made no sense

stupid

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

These adds are better than the average ads you see on TV. But to be honest they aren't needed. Does AMD and Nvidia really need adverts. I think when either company releases new policy or a new card I think there is enough hype generated by PC enthusiasts to monetize enough off of. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr-P9xcifT4&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PL05A46B797F341CC9

I def didn't use the search function to forgive me :)

Steph

My PC: CPU: I7-2600K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Evo, Mother Board: MSI Z77 Mpower, Ram: 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Corsair Vengeance (Black), Case: HAF 932, PSU: CM GX 650 (Upgrading to RM750 soon), SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD, HD:  750GB Seagate 7200 RPM, Optical: Samsung Blu-ray burner, GPU: MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr (Upgrading to an HD R9-290X on launch)

LOL That's awesome!

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Lol I watched it before you posted :p

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Nvidia should hire Linus Media Group to fire back at AMD.

Nvidia should hire Linus Media Group to fire back at AMD.

Nvidia doesn't really have much to fire back right now. AMD outperforms their cards at a lower price while also giving away free games. Nvidia does have things such as PhysX and Shadowplay though.

Nvidia doesn't really have much to fire back right now. AMD outperforms their cards at a lower price while also giving away free games. Nvidia does have things such as PhysX and Shadowplay though.

Eclusive things like PhysX will not become popular since nobody likes them. Devs won't develop for it since only about half of the people that play their games would be able to use it, and it sort of just goes from there...

Also about the video I hate it when they break tech. It makes me sad...

I agree, for most people, AMD makes the most sense. However, from an advertising perspective, there are plenty of things they could capitalize on. Like you said, they have more features like Shadowplay and PhysX (which is pretty lame, IMO, I just want more physics processing in general, I don't want some gimmicky branding for it). Also the fastest single GPU card (perhaps not for long though).

I agree, for most people, AMD makes the most sense. However, from an advertising perspective, there are plenty of things they could capitalize on. Like you said, they have more features like Shadowplay and PhysX (which is pretty lame, imo). Also the fastest single GPU card (perhaps not for long though).

They also have TXAA, FXAA, CUDA, GPU Boost 2.0, adapitv Vsync, Nvidia Shield, Geforce Experience, and HBAO+.

RTX2070OC 

This ad made no sense... WE'RE NOT GONNA STAND FOR THIS!!!

Off Topic: why are embedded videos not working?

Stop arguing, this is lame as all the Nvidia commercials, I must admit last AMD commercial for new APU-s was awesome, but this is ridiculous, when i read your title i taught new AMD CPU optimizations is out and some magic happened, was hyped, and now i am...

anyway AMD more value for money

Nvidia more power but expensive, what else is new... 

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

I wish AMD would reach on Linus to do some of these commercials, it would be the best thing in the world!!

CPU: AMD FX-6100 Black Edition @3.9GHz GPU: XFX 7970 DD (1062/1520 MHz) MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth 990FXA(1st Revision) RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 1333MHz Storage: Corsair Force 3 120GB(Boot) + WD Green 1TB(storage) PSU: FSP AURUM 600W(80+ Gold) CPU Cooler: Cryorig M9a  Case: NZXT Tempst 410 Elite(Mid-Tower) Mouse: Logitech G602(Manufacturer Refurbished) Keyboard: Noppoo Choc Mini(Cherry MX Blue) AUDIO:Sennheiser HD 598+ASUS Xonar DGX Monitor: LG M2280DF 21.5" 1080p(TN-75Hz)

Now it's faster but sounds like an F16 taking off

That's a compromise.

144Hz goodness

They also have TXAA, FXAA, CUDA, GPU Boost 2.0, adapitv Vsync, Nvidia Shield, Geforce Experience, and HBAO+.

Word.

All I have to say about TXAA is this :

Overall, TXAA should be avoided. We don't know how this quality of TXAA got implemented into the game and left there. It seems like somebody took the day off when quality control of TXAA image quality rolled around that day. TXAA destroys the gameplay experience in Crysis 3.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013/03/12/crysis_3_video_card_performance_iq_review/9#.Uhfh-T_DDTc

FXAA works just fine on AMD cards.

AMD has MLAA which is used in SMAA, OpenCL, Unlocked Voltage Control, Dynamic V-Synch, AMD Vision, HDAO, Never Settle, better compute performance & more VRAM + higher bandwidth per GPU.

GPU Boost 2.0 is actually worse than a fixed clock rate, because it causes throttling, it even caused the 770 to underperform the 680.

So you get a gimicky feature instead of proper overclocking and over-volting.

Nvidia touts Adaptive V-Synch as if they invented it, when in fact AMD users have had it available for over 5 years on every graphics card.

http://www.radeonpro.info/features/dynamic-vsync-control/

All I have to say about TXAA is this :

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013/03/12/crysis_3_video_card_performance_iq_review/9#.Uhfh-T_DDTc

FXAA works just fine on AMD cards.

AMD has MLAA which is used in SMAA, OpenCL, Unlocked Voltage Control, Dynamic V-Synch, AMD Vision, HDAO, Never Settle, better compute performance & more VRAM + higher bandwidth per GPU.

GPU Boost 2.0 is actually worse than a fixed clock rate, because it causes throttling, it even caused the 770 to underperform the 680.

So you get a gimicky feature instead of proper overclocking and over-volting.

Nvidia touts Adaptive V-Synch as if they invented it, when in fact AMD users have had it available for over 5 years on every graphics card.

http://www.radeonpro.info/features/dynamic-vsync-control/

^+1 internet

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball