Worst. Review. Ever.

You have to remove your finger from the touch button for it to work when you press it again. I have Dell touch buttons, and it is really easy to make them look terrible.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Have you tried to unpack a Dell Uxxx?

I did, and I can only agree with the guy: it's a pain to get out of the box, the protecting cardboard get's stuck on the outer box and refuses to let go. It's not him sucking, that's a legit problem with the product.

I second this ^. Just ended up ripping the box when opening my dad's new Dell monitor lol.

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

You have to lay the box on it's side, hold it, AND THEN PULL THE BOX(ES) INSIDE OUT?

WTF THIS WAS NOT INCLUDED IN INSTRUCTIONS, TOO DIFFICULT, THIS MONITOR SUCKS

Sometimes, I dream about cheese

putting in headphones for this one.

edit:

Turned it off after "Full featured - it even has touch buttons." and heard his complaints with the box while trying to use his knees on a flat surface to hold it down.

He's seen too many unboxings - tryhardz

• Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower
  • MSI Z170 Krait
  • MSI R9 390
  • SeaSonic 650W
  • intel i5 6600k
  • HyperXFury 120GB Boot
  • WD Blue 1TB
  • G.Skill RipJAw DDR4 16GB
  • Cryorig H7
  • Asus VG248QE

"Living is not always alive."

Background Music:  5/10

Camera Work: 8/10

Informative Product review: 4/10

Informative comparison: 1/10

Overall Review: 4/10

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

yeah it was a shit review. but could you do any better @JelleDekkers.

RIG #14670k @4.4 / 1.25v vcore. @ 4.5 / 1.3v vcore/ 1.95v vccin. MSI GAMING 4G GTX 970 @1540/3700 1.275v BIOS MOD. 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage RAM 2400mhz. MSI GAMING 5 Z97 MOBOFractal Design Define S. Dark Rock Pro 3. 850 EVO 250GB Seasonic M12II 620w
RIG #2: 4790k @ 4.6 / 1.25v vcore. EVGA SC ACX 2.0 980 SLI16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz. Asus MAXIMUS VII Hero Z97. Fractal Design Define R5. NH D15. 850 EVO 250GB AX 860

Ohhh A sound port neat! Does sound just come out of that tiny hole?

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I only watched up to the part that said it wasn't as good as a three times the price monitor.  Well duh NSS.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Wasn't bad at all, he was missing a bit of information but it was still a relatively concise expression of his opinion.

I've seen Linus do much worse. I've done much worse.

This is not as bad as some people are bitching about in here, classic LTT cancerous posts

HURR DURR HURR DURR

Shut the fuck up, that review is decent, there are waaaay worse video reviews on Youtube

Wasn't even that bad, you bunch of babies. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Wasn't even that bad, you bunch of babies. 

He's comparing it to a $1000 Apple monitor and calling it bad because the colors aren't quite the same. Saying it's a bad review because of that doesn't make us babies tbh.

I see a lot of people giving critique about this "review", but for me, it doesn't really pass as a review. About the only thing he gets right is the physical overview.

1. He didn't explore the monitor settings.
  2. He didn't mention that it comes with a factory calibrated sRGB profile, which makes me doubt that he knew that.
  3. His only comparison is to a monitor that is far more expensive and, obviously, very different.
  4. He gave off the impression that the opened it, put it next to his other monitor and concluded that it didn't look the same.

Disclaimer: I use the monitor he "reviewed" as my main monitor.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.

"Its not even like the apple monitor, like not even close"

I think i will take this shitty review with a grain of salt, because he pulls it out of the box and compares it to a precalibrated monitor.

He did so much wrong in this review, I can't even go into detail, so here's a quick list.

1. Compares pixel density on a small 1080p panel to a large 1080p panel, and say's "I can see the pixels! they're so much bigger!"
  2. Says "uhm" far, far too much
  3. Compares color accuracy on a precalibrated panel, to a noncalibrated panel. If you were that concerned about color reproduction, then first thing you'd do is correct color hue and saturation.
  4. Does not specify which "apple monitor" or which "imac" he's comparing to. If they're 4k or even 1440p panels, then that test is literally completely useless.

^^^^^

This, when he started talking about "colour accuracy" without a hint of actually calibrating (all monitors, even macs, need periodic calibration of some sort) I wanted to slap him for misinformation at the very minimum of their sins.

2 Dell Ultrasharps here, a year between them, both calibrated when first bought and had a only minor shift needed to get right (brightness to be specific, colour was spot on).

A year on, they need a little more, a tweak of the brightness, slight shift for any present hue of colour. 

Give it another year will be a slightly bigger gap. Its wear and tear.

Its not my fault I am grumpy, you try having a porcelain todger that's always hard!