Best way to clean a headset?

Axno

I have the Logitech G35 which has earpads that aren't removable. What's my best option? Rubbing alc or hand sanitizer on a soft cloth and wait for it to dry? I don't know anything about cleaning headsets so yeah any help is appreciated.

Throw it in with the dark clothes, cold water, a little fabric softener, let it dry on it's own no dryer. 

Dont do this... 

Use 99% isopropyl alcohol, and a cloth (Microfiber maybe)

- or - 

Use a Lens cleansing wipe

Throw it in with the dark clothes, cold water, a little fabric softener, let it dry on it's own no dryer. 

Why would you throw a headset in a washing machine...wtf

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Contact logitech for warranty replacement, or buy real headphones that don't SUCK ASS.

Why would you throw a headset in a washing machine...wtf

IN theory it should be fine, if rinsed throughougly with distiled water, and let to dry for a long time

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

IN theory it should be fine, if rinsed throughougly with distiled water, and let to dry for a long time

no...

drivers are made of paper...

the speaker cones would just dissolve in water

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

no...

drivers are made of paper...

the speaker cones would just dissolve in water

right, right.

Not all drivers are made of paper, or are they in headphones?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

right, right.

Not all drivers are made of paper, or are they in headphones?

i have seen some made of plastic, but those were cheap $10 logitech crap headphones

Spoiler

i have seen some made of plastic, but those were cheap $10 logitech crap headphones

What was in my K7xx didnt look paper.

And speakers dont use paper

What was in my K7xx didnt look paper.

And speakers dont use paper

they actually mix paper with resin and all kinds of stuff

very few speakers are made with kevlar and fiberglass and aluminum

most are paper

Spoiler

Usually they're made of Mylar.

I wouldn't recommend washing them though, the diaphragms are so thin they might get damaged, and it'll also likely leave residue that messes with the acoustics of the thing.

You could use dry cleaning spray.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

I have the Logitech G35 which has earpads that aren't removable. What's my best option? Rubbing alc or hand sanitizer on a soft cloth and wait for it to dry? I don't know anything about cleaning headsets so yeah any help is appreciated.

Also, for cleaning, you can try some antibacterial cleaning wipes or using a paper towel and water.

Contact logitech for warranty replacement, or buy real headphones that don't SUCK ASS.

Post of the day!

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

Use an industrial strength vacuum cleaner on that shizzz. 

they actually mix paper with resin and all kinds of stuff

very few speakers are made with kevlar and fiberglass and aluminum

most are paper

Not headphone drivers.

Not headphone drivers.

spwath said "speakers"

Spoiler

spwath said "speakers"

Even then, plenty are polyproplene or some other synthetic.

Even then, plenty are polyproplene or some other synthetic.

the huge majority of speakers are paper, or a synthetic/paper combo

for decades in the past speakers were only made out of paper

Spoiler

Sure, old speakers are paper, but newer are not

We'll need verification.

Sure, old speakers are paper, but newer are not

We'll need verification.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diaphragm_(acoustics)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speaker_driver

yeah older ones were almost all paper, newer speakers are STILL almost all paper

pretty much all PA speakers use paper cones

a lot of home theater speakers use paper cones, as well as subwoofer for home or car

it doesnt look like it, but a lot of speakers are still paper

Car-subwoofer-JBL-P1222_1_enl.jpg

$(KGrHqZ,!lwE6C-LNtpBBOk2by)5!!~~_35.JPGyes this is still paper

Spoiler