Sennheiser 558 vs. Audio technica m50x?

lil barack

Which is better and why?

What matters to me is positional sound since I play fps games, also means I like to hear sounds clearly.

I have no experience with the 558, but I've heard over and over that the M50X are not worth it. Go for the M40X if you go for AT.

Which is better and why?

What matters to me is positional sound since I play fps games, also means I like to hear sounds clearly.

The M50X and M40X have a very narrow soundstage, and they're closed-back headphones. The Sennheiser HD558 are open headphones with a wide soundstage good for audio localization, and they are generally thought of as having a much more natural and pleasing frequency response than the M50X or M40X.

neither, AD700X.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

AD700X vs. 558s?

558's are over hyped and over recommended.

AD700X"s with have a bigger sound stage and you'll be able to hear footsteps better with a more accurate position.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

558's are over hyped and over recommended.

AD700X"s with have a bigger sound stage and you'll be able to hear footsteps better with a more accurate position.

Now I'm really stuck here, after reading some posts online I'm not sure if I should get the AD700x or 558s, should I make a new post to gather more opinions?

Which is better and why?

I've had the m50x for a couple on months now and I love them. The only down side is after long period of use your ears start to get really hot and the headband isn't really all the comfortable 

So are the AD700x's comfortable and provide better positional sound for fps games than the sennheisers?

Now I'm really stuck here, after reading some posts online I'm not sure if I should get the AD700x or 558s, should I make a new post to gather more opinions?

So are the AD700x's comfortable and provide better positional sound for fps games than the sennheisers?

I've worn both and own the 518s (modded so they actually sound better than the 558s) and can safely say that you need a GIANT head to fit the AD700Xs. I have a smaller head and they literally would sink from my ears to my shoulders unless I held them in place. My 518s are very comfy, arguably more comfy than the 558 because the pads are less shallow. The 558 would be the pick for me personally, but if you fit the ADs then definitely get them because they're phenomenal.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I've worn both and own the 518s (modded so they actually sound better than the 558s) and can safely say that you need a GIANT head to fit the AD700Xs. I have a smaller head and they literally would sink from my ears to my shoulders unless I held them in place. My 518s are very comfy, arguably more comfy than the 558 because the pads are less shallow. The 558 would be the pick for me personally, but if you fit the ADs then definitely get them because they're phenomenal.

I've read reviews online and sennheiser has more comfort and build quality so I think I've made my decision on the 558s

I've read reviews online and sennheiser has more comfort and build quality so I think I've made my decision on the 558s

I actually thought the ADs were more comfy as they have super thick pads and felt weightless, but again, gotta have a large head to fit them.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||