Urgent Help! I over-overclocked

Tom is a Door

Hi,

Like a dumb... that I am I over clocked my monitor to the point it can't display anything. It is out of range, I had 60Hz oc'ed to 70 so I put 80hz like a moron, now I don't even get the WIndows 10 loading screen
Used Toastx to oc

USing r9 270

Monitor AOC 2050swd

currently on 80hz(too high, want to go back to 60hz or 70hz)

Plug in another monitor and undo your mess?

sadly I don't have another monitor but I do have a tv but it can only output upto 59hz basically 60 but not 80hz which is currently set to

sadly I don't have another monitor but I do have a tv but it can only output upto 59hz basically 60 but not 80hz which is currently set to

Don't overclock something if you don't have any tools to fix it...

Yeah, just grab the TV, or if your monitor or motherboard has a freakish way to fix it, do it.

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

Its just a setting from within Windows the monitor doesn't store this stuff its just Windows putting the value in by default.

Move the video plug to the motherboard out (hopefully you have one of those) and it should hopefully reset the value being on a different GPU and then you can change whatever you did and set it back to normal. Alternatively try a different cable (like HDMI instead of DVI or DP). If a different adaptor and cabling don't work then at the very least a reinstall of Windows can fix it because it wont know about the settings.

Try safe mode.

Refresh rate settings is a Windows settings, you should be able to see your BIOS and boot into safe mode. 

From there, set the refresh rate to default and you can run Windows normally again.