First shave

young_guy

Hey guys,

i was wondering about what tips do you have on shaving. I am 15 and I want to shave. I bought the best razor I could find (The Gillette Fusion ProGlide Power). I watched a lot of videos and I am still afraid to do it. I don't want to tell this to my dad. Any help is welcome.

YOLO

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

JUST GO YOLO IT AND FEEL THE BURN

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

dont shave your crotch unless you want to itch it every five seconds or shave it daily

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Just do it. My first time I only cut myself once. Believe me I didnt even feel it, I only noticed when I saw the scratch in the mirror. Just go for it.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

Well i would first recommend telling your dad because i think he will notice but just go with the grain and don't go too high up on the cheek. Or just YOLO^^^

AMD FX-8350 OC to 4.5ghz      Evga gtx 660       SilverStone FT03      Samsung 840 128gb  

You spelled chainsaw wrong.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

My first shave was about a month ago, should have started more than half a year ago but I couldn't be bothered, I doubt you will cut yourself its easy.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

My first shave was about a month ago, should have started more than half a year ago but I couldn't be bothered, I doubt you will cut yourself its easy.

How often do you have to shave now?

If you cut, I find the best solution is to rub salt in the cuts.

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

how-to-shave-your-beard-like-a-man.gif

On a slightly more serious note, just go for it, if you have watched videos etc the method is simple enough and a fresh razor just glides over the skin.

You're going to have to eventually anyway, why wait.

Easy. You buy a Norelco and use it to shave your beard, sideburns, and mustache. Mine is like 10 goddamn years old and still going strong, leaves the perfect amount of stub too.

There's a reason "razor blade" was coined as a sales model. Don't buy them.

Error: 410

its kinda easy, the cartridge razors are easy as, a safety razor is harder and more likely to cut yourself

1 tip go with the hairs, pay close attention to what angle they are, for example i shave down on cheeks but up on my neck

other than that, just go for it

It's really not that hard. Take a razor and some shaving cream and just do it. The real only way to cut yourself is if you don't use enough shaving cream or you're just agressive. Nothing to be afraid of :)

#LinusShavingTips

that depends on the person, my hair gross really fast (which is annoying) where as my boyfriends takes a lot longer to come back

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

its kinda easy, the cartridge razors are easy as, a safety razor is harder and more likely to cut yourself

1 tip go with the hairs, pay close attention to what angle they are, for example i shave down on cheeks but up on my neck

other than that, just go for it

Lol the irony of those two names. Safety is more "dangerous" than alternative.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

lol yea, bit stupid really, im guessing just more safer than a straight razor lol

dont shave your crotch unless you want to itch it every five seconds or shave it daily

lol wut

I am a happy wuffy

It's really not that hard. Take a razor and some shaving cream and just do it. The real only way to cut yourself is if you don't use enough shaving cream or you're just agressive. Nothing to be afraid of :)

#LinusShavingTips

I just shave without shaving cream, it's neato!

lol wut

hm?

Have a shower before shaving because it makes the skin nice and supple.

Apply shaving cream (you probably wont need a lot if its your first time)

Fill the sink with warm/hot water (if you use cold your skin will tighten)

1. You want to take the shaver and just sort of run it across your face top to bottom (do not do it side to side because it will cut you)

2. As you go dip your shaver in the water to get rid of the hair/cream

Repeat 1 & 2 until your done, wash your face off with warm water and press a towel to your face until clean (do not wipe you will aggrevate your skin)

If you have any moisturiser for your skin then put some on, it will help repair your skin.

Coolermaster Scout 2 Case / ASROCK 990FX Extreme3 Motherboard / AMD FX 8350 8 Core CPU (Stock Speed) / Corsair H100i CPU Cooler / Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 WindForce OC 6GB / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/20323-scout-2-update-build-fx8350-h100i/#entry244058

I just shave without shaving cream, it's neato!

Guess it depends on the person then.

Maybe once every 3 weeks but that's if you want nothing on your face.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat