First shave

young_guy

If you cut, I find the best solution is to rub salt in the cuts.

Don't do this ^^ unless you can take pain. Salt does stop bleeding but it also stings on open wounds. If you get cut which you shouldn't using the razor you chose, just put a piece of toilet paper on the cut until it stops bleeding or use and astringent. 

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

dont shave your crotch unless you want to itch it every five seconds or shave it daily

I bet you this one used his sister's razor and got a dose of crabs.

Let us know how it went when you take one of the leaps into manhood.

I just want to do it because in a couple of days I am starting high school. I don't want to look like all of the other fools. In my town most of them are jocks and all sorts of those things. They say that they don't care about that stuff and anything beauty related. I worry about my looks and my health.

#LinusShavingTips

Wait a minute

Linus=Slang for Penis

∴#PenisShavingTips

D:

First time I shaved...cut my jugular and didn't stop bleeding till I went to shave again.

First time I shaved...cut my jugular and didn't stop bleeding till I went to shave again.

what in the world where you shaving with? a weed wacker?

On the razor front.. i have a gilette fusion power stealth.. somewhere

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Ask your Dad ffs, it's how it works. After that, you'll need some Strohrum [~80% vol.] to baptise your face.

If you don't do that, your beard will never grow right.

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

You don't really need a great razor, just a sharp one, just get some water on your face, put a layer of shaving cream on your shaving area (not too much, just to cover) then glide the razor over it and wash the razor under a faucet after each time you pull it down your face, do not go to hard, just to it slightly harder than you would if you were just trying to get the cream off of your face.

Intel 3570K - MSI GTX 660Ti 3GB OC Edition - 16GB Corsair LP RAM - ASRock Extreme4 Motherboard - Corsair HX850 - Adata Premier Pro SP900 120GB SSD with Windows 7 - Seagate Barracuda 1TD HDD - Seagate Barracuda 500GB HDD - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler - CM Storm Enforcer Case - Macbook Pro Early 2011 Laptop

what in the world where you shaving with? a weed wacker?

On the razor front.. i have a gilette fusion power stealth.. somewhere

Straight blade for life.

Don't do this ^^ unless you can take pain. Salt does stop bleeding but it also stings on open wounds. If you get cut which you shouldn't using the razor you chose, just put a piece of toilet paper on the cut until it stops bleeding or use and astringent. 

I assumed people would get that, I don't actually recommend it either

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

It's not that hard to be honest. I just lie on my back and use a mirror.

I'm probably going to buy an epilator soon, just so I can get a cleaner shave and don't have to do it as often.

I envy you, I hate facial hair.

What is an epilator? Honestly it sounds like a sex toy :P

Don't envy me, it could be worse.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

What is an epilator? Honestly it sounds like a sex toy :P

Yeah, it kinda does. :lol:

It just pulls the hair from you, like tweezers, but it does more than one at a time. I've heard a lot of good things about them from trans-girls, seems to be popular with them I guess.

and I don't hate having facial hair, but I prefer a cleaner look, which is kinda hard to achieve when you have the complexion of the white house. :P

Spray WD-40 on your face. Get a pair of scissors and scrape your face with the blades. The WD-40 will clean and lubricate the scissors as you go and it leaves your face smelling manly.

I might be doing it wrong.

Retried Battlefield Moderator EA Star Wars Battlefront Senior Moderator  Battlefield Moderator and EA Champion

I bet you this one used his sister's razor and got a dose of crabs.

the fuck?

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Unless you're fat it's really hard to cut yourself with a good razor in my experience. I'm 23 now so I must've been shaving for about.. 9 years. Cut myself twice, both when rushing.

Lol lots of funny comments here, didn't quite understand the OP's situation though, does he have like facial hair already or does he want to shave just because? 

Besides that, I agree with some people, don't shave your crotch fully unless you want it to itch - when it starts growing it will hook into your underwear which will pull on your skin, causing constant itching.

What I do is shave a bit off, not to the root. 

I started shaving my beard when I was about 14, the first week it started growing I was quite insecure about what to do, but guess what - got a present from my sisters, an electrical shaver. Some people hate it, I love it.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

I just want to do it because in a couple of days I am starting high school. I don't want to look like all of the other fools. In my town most of them are jocks and all sorts of those things. They say that they don't care about that stuff and anything beauty related. I worry about my looks and my health.

Being worried about your health and looks is ok as long as you don't mean on a level of having low self esteem issues. I personally don't shave i have not shaved since 1987, yes that is right 1987. What i do is when i go to the barber i just take a GI skin fade and use the marker to take off the hair on my face excepting the eye brows of course. I use my Andis marker at home to keep it clean, once a week is good enough for me. Also a little tip, women like men who are men and don't try to look prettier than they. This is my advice to you , the first time you are ready to shave go to the nearest competent barber in your area and get a shave and hair cut for school and make some small chat with the barber and ask his advice for what you want regarding shaving and hear it for a guy in the business, this should give you some more confidence about the subject. You should be ok, don't worry about it too much.

Ehhh... What are you afraid of? Also, why not ask your dad if you're unsure how to do it? It's not really complicated. Put on the shaving cream and then start shaving. ONLY MOVE THE RAZER IN THE DIRECTION THE HANDLE POINTS. If you don't, you're going to cut yourself a lot. You should out your lips inside your mouth (can't really explain it better than that) when you shave close to them. They are quite sensitive so it's easier to cut yourself on them. Also, puff up your cheeks when you shave them.