24 Carat Gold Plated CaseLabs X2M Water Cooled Build

Bling Bling 

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

Hey Pvt, nice build. I have the exact same Swiftech Apogee HD gold plated limited edition on a LGA 1155 i7-3770K. I was wondering did you have any issues installing it on the LGA 1151 socket? I couldn't find anything online in regards to compatibility, I plan to upgrade soon to a i7-6700k and i was hoping to use my sweet Swiftech Apogee HD waterblock :)

15 hours ago, neckface said:

Hey Pvt, nice build. I have the exact same Swiftech Apogee HD gold plated limited edition on a LGA 1155 i7-3770K. I was wondering did you have any issues installing it on the LGA 1151 socket? I couldn't find anything online in regards to compatibility, I plan to upgrade soon to a i7-6700k and i was hoping to use my sweet Swiftech Apogee HD waterblock :)

I have had no problem with installing it and I used it on the Asus gene viii and Impact viii. 

Getting the sticky pads off the back of the motherboard that hold the backplate on is a true pain in the ass though. 

Hey there, very awesome and unique looking build. How much exactly, does it cost to gold-plate such parts tough...? :P

Groomlake Authority

32 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Hey there, very awesome and unique looking build. How much exactly, does it cost to gold-plate such parts tough...? :P

I came up with the idea for this build 5 years ago when I first bought my Swiftech APOGEE HD Gold Plated Limited Edition Water Block. So when I finally decided to do the build I wasn't to concerned about the price. The gold plating ended up costing over $1000, a lot of people will sat that it is not worth it but at the end of the day it is something that I wanted to do for myself.

Please also keep in mind what I had gold plated.
CaseLabs X2M Front Grill.
32x Bitspower Fittings.
2x Reservoir Mounts.
2x Corsair Dominator Platinum Ram Tops.
Bitspower Pump Kit.

This will freak allot of people out.

I choose to upgrade to a titan x and after putting the water block on it I thought I would give it a test.

People are always saying that without a radiator you cant run your gpu, but you can this just has a pump and reservoir. I have had this card running for 4 hours now and it hasn't gone over 30C.

52cd96f1-99ca-4702-9ec3-e84f9f111ce7.jpg

7 minutes ago, starwarsguy99 said:

Is that idle or running a program to generate heat?

It's just running a few light programs nothing to demanding.

2 hours ago, pvtmatchsticks said:

This will freak allot of people out.

I choose to upgrade to a titan x and after putting the water block on it I thought I would give it a test.

People are always saying that without a radiator you cant run your gpu, but you can this just has a pump and reservoir. I have had this card running for 4 hours now and it hasn't gone over 30C.

52cd96f1-99ca-4702-9ec3-e84f9f111ce7.jpg

You don't even have to set it up in a loop, maxwell is efficient enough to get cooled by an empty waterblock at idle. 

19 minutes ago, Infin8 said:

You don't even have to set it up in a loop, maxwell is efficient enough to get cooled by an empty waterblock at idle. 

Even when playing league of legends it was fine.

Did you choose this before of after the release of the 1080? Just curious. Numbers, videos and reviews does say the 1080 is a better choice for less the buck.

9 hours ago, BeardRex said:

Did you choose this before of after the release of the 1080? Just curious. Numbers, videos and reviews does say the 1080 is a better choice for less the buck.

No this was the titan x from my other computer, at the start of this build I decided to not have a dedicated LAN rig and an at home to heavy to take to LAN rig, And only have one computer. I was going to sell my titan x but instead sold my 980ti. I don't really want to upgrade to gtx 1080 because I won't see the performance increase and I will wait till they release the GP 100 cards.

I am a huge sucker for any limited edition parts especially if they are numbered. So I can't wait for the new Corsair Dominator platinum special edition, I will be replacing my 32gb of standard Corsair Dominator platinum with the special edition as soon as it comes out. I will be getting the black version. Please release these soon corsair. 

corsair-dom-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I am swapping out my Seasonic 80+ Platinum 1000 watt with an EVGA T2 1000, purely 100% for noise reasons. I can't stand any noise and both and the fan and coil whine from the PSU. I know I don't need 1000 watts, this system only pulls about 400 watts max load but if the load is kept to a minimum then the heat will be less and fan will never turn on. That is the plan anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I am still waiting on some parts to be gold plated, cables to be sleeved, paint job to be done on the case and and possibly upgrading to the gtx 1080.

38 minutes ago, pvtmatchsticks said:

I am still waiting on some parts to be gold plated, cables to be sleeved, paint job to be done on the case and and possibly upgrading to the gtx 1080.

whats your display setup?

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

excited, cant wait to see the video... I read this with your voice... which is weird 

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!

12 hours ago, Bl00dgod said:

whats your display setup?

I have an older 1440p monitor but I am looking to upgrade to Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 165Hz IPS 1440.

Just making sure its the right one before I upgrade.

45 minutes ago, Jonnyswboy said:

How much did just the fittings cost?

About $460 for the fittings plus about $500 for the Gold Plating.

That is for 30 fittings though.

3 hours ago, pvtmatchsticks said:

I have an older 1440p monitor but I am looking to upgrade to Asus ROG Swift PG279Q 165Hz IPS 1440.

Just making sure its the right one before I upgrade.

acer has the x34 and soon x34p that comes with 100hz without OC'ing the panel, i tried 27" 1440p and 34" 3440x1440 and didnt want to go back after testing the 34"

cant wait to see that rig finished ;)

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/