Which chair do you use

Galaxy_McGuire

I was just wondering if a lot of people get expensive chairs or just cheap IKEA chairs

Please provide an image

No idea the brand TBH. Sorry for large image.

I feel like you just posted that to show off your rig considering we only see 1/2 your chair.

btw I have the same background

It's from Really Big Sky

i use a 15 dollar chair from china

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

I feel like you just posted that to show off your rig considering we only see 1/2 your chair.

btw I have the same background

It's from Really Big Sky

Lol my rig is nothing to brag about. I have a fucking R9 280. You know how dated that card is. I only chose it cuz too lazy to actually take a pic of my chair. Besides, you get the idea.

At home I have a $15 IKEA with a probably <$5 cushion lol

So thanks for reading guys, if this post sucked, I'm not sure what you can do, but if you liked it, go 'head and hit that like button, or maybe add me as a friend. Otherwise, go subscribe to LinusTechTips on YouTube, follow them on Twitch, follow @LinusTech on Twitter, and support them by using their affiliate code on Amazon, buying a cool T-shirt, or supporting them directly on this community forum.

wooden chair, passed down from grandfather when he used to browse LTT in 1800's Kappa.

For real though, just whatever chair i can find. Wish I could afford a super comfy leather one :(

I use a Maxnomix chair out of their Office-Comfort series.
I'm very happy with it so far.

leader_blue-2s_lbb.jpg

UdEWhiF.jpg

No idea the brand TBH. Sorry for large image.

That is a dank chair...it must've cost about $700

post-183693-0-35721900-1447892214.jpg

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

I hover off the ground.

jk

I use a chair that looks like this, but is hand made and stands higher off the ground. Plus, it is made of walnut. My pops made it.

colorful-wooden-lawn-chair-plans.jpg

(locked out of Moto G, can't take pics)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

For those of you that bought dxracers, congratulations on wasting your money.

Herman-Miller-Aeron-Task-Chair.jpg

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

For those of you that bought dxracers, congratulations on wasting your money.

Why is it a waste, exactly?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Why is it a waste, exactly?

First of all, why would someone pay a premium for a bonded leather chair? That's just stupid since it'll just start to peel in a couple years. Secondly, it's an overrated product that's gets promoted by streamers that are sponsored. Thirdly, there's much better options out there for the price.

People should look into mesh or real leather chairs.

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

First of all, why would someone pay a premium for a bonded leather chair? That's just stupid since it'll just start to peel in a couple years. Secondly, it's an overrated product that's gets promoted by streamers that are sponsored. Thirdly, there's much better options out there for the price.

People should look into mesh or real leather chairs.

It won't peel if you take care of it, and even if it does, not really a reason to state it is a waste of money. As for better options for the same price, list it or at least tell me why the chair—besides things like wear in leather—isn't sufficient. I'm pretty sure people don't just buy the chairs for the leather, but for the lumbar support etc etc.

It won't peel if you take care of it, and even if it does, not really a reason to state it is a waste of money. As for better options for the same price, list it or at least tell me why the chair—besides things like wear in leather—isn't sufficient. I'm pretty sure people don't just buy the chairs for the leather, but for the lumbar support etc etc.

Wrong. The HON Ignition chair sells for the same price as the dxracers. Plus, you can always save your money and get something that'll last. For example, most chairs made by herman miller come with a 12 year warranty. The initial cost will hurt but you'll end up saving money in the long run.

And yes, you're right. People buy chairs for superior lumbar support which is another reason to purchase a quality chair. The DXracers don't fit into this category. I'm guessing most people purchase DXracers for the "look".

Wrong. The HON Ignition chair sells for the same price as the dxracers. Plus, you can always save your money and get something that'll last. For example, most chairs made by herman miller come with a 12 year warranty. The initial cost will hurt but you'll end up saving money in the long run.

And yes, you're right. People buy chairs for superior lumbar support which is another reason to purchase a quality chair. The DXracers don't fit into this category. I'm guessing most people purchase DXracers for the "look".

I'm confused, what am I wrong about? The things you underlined make no sense to say I'm wrong about. I have a leather chair in my kitchen and it is still intact even after five years, are you saying proper care can't stop leather from tearing? Unless you are saying I'm wrong in...asking why the DXracers are not sufficient beyond tearing leather? I also never said there aren't alternatives, but asked for them. So...yea.

You guess. You guess. There are people out there who went through all sorts of chairs and found the DXracer to be the most comfortable they have purchased. It doesn't mean the chair is inadequate. It works and feels great to many people.

My gaming chair:

t1nZHjW.png

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460; MOBO: ASRock H97M-PRO4; RAM: 8GB G.Skill DDR3 @ 1600MHz; SSD: A-Data SP600 128GB; HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB; GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB; PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W; Case: Thermaltake Core V21 w/ AF140 blue LED fan (exhaust); Monitor: Acer H226HQLBid 21.5" 60Hz 5ms IPS (GTG) HDMI

I'm confused, what am I wrong about? The things you underlined make no sense to say I'm wrong about. I have a leather chair in my kitchen and it is still intact even after five years, are you saying proper care can't stop leather from tearing? Unless you are saying I'm wrong in...asking why the DXracers are not sufficient beyond tearing leather? I also never said there aren't alternatives, but asked for them. So...yea.

You guess. You guess. There are people out there who went through all sorts of chairs and found the DXracer to be the most comfortable they have purchased. It doesn't mean the chair is inadequate. It works and feels great to many people.

You're wrong in saying that bonded leather chairs won't/don't peel.

This hunk of shit. https://www.gtomegaracing.com/gt-omega-pro-racing-office-gaming-chairs/gt-omega-pro-racing-office-chair-black-and-red-leather

I regret my purchase. What I can say that's positive is that their customer service is some of the best I have experienced. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I don't even know what its called but I know I'm glad because I had to use a dining chair before I got it

I'm actually trying to find something myself right now. I had a Herman Miller Aeron, had quality control issues so sent it back to get another, 2nd had similar issues with the mesh material not mainting rigidity. LOVED the feel of the Aeron, but for $600 I gave up after the 2nd bad chair. Now I am trying to find something decent, in the meantime I picked up a cheap $100 AmazonBasics chair thats alright.

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

-snip-

As someone who has had a real leather chair, I can tell you right that now real leather is terrible. It peeled within a year, made a mess all over my floor.

Also, real leather = dead cows

I'd rather not encourage the slaughtering of animals, as bad as it already is. Fake leather is the way to go.

DXRacer owner here, I used to have another bonded leather chair from Office Depot which saw the arms peel pretty bad, but that was the only part that had issues.  Seeing as the DXRacer chairs (at least the one I have) has arms that don't use bonded leather on it, I wasn't too worried about pealing.  If the base or back peels, as long as it's still as comfortable as it is now then I honestly don't care too much.

I don't regret my purchase at all, I've loved my DXRacer and nothing in this thread has made me think otherwise.