New Build - Looking for Suggestions (all are welcome)

devenson2017

So I'm building a new rig and I'm going for triple 1080p surround with a secondary projector at 720p

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/XdRyhM

|My Rig| |Intel Core i5-6600K @ 4.70GHz| |GT 740| |16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2133MHz| |240GB PNY SSD, 1TB WD Blue (RAID 0), 320GB Backup Drive| |Corsair 600C| |EVGA Supernove 850 G2| 

You may want to go with an R9 390x as it's a lot cheaper yet you're not sacrificing much performance at all (unless you need Nvidia's features, in which stay with the 980). Also, single stick of RAM in a very visible system... Just saying. Also, you don't need a 650W for that system unless you're going to be doing some heavy overclocking so 550W is fine.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

So I'm building a new rig and I'm going for triple 1080p surround with a secondary projector at 720p

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/XdRyhM

I'm going to say this now like many others but 1x8gb was a bad move.  I know, you may add more later but that was a real bad move.  Buying 2x4Gb for a similar price would bring way better results.  Then you could upgrade that to another 2x4 then you've got 16Gb and it's incredibly efficient running in a quad channel config.

I'm playing my Xbone on 3 LG Curved monitors-No one ever

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

Resident bad pun maker.....please excuse them

You may want to go with an R9 390x as it's a lot cheaper yet you're not sacrificing much performance at all. Also, single stick of RAM in a very visible system... Just saying. Also, you don't need a 650W for that system unless you're going to be doing some heavy overclocking so 550W is fine.

Don't forget, 390x has a higher heat output and higher power draw.  Substantially higher power draw.

I'm playing my Xbone on 3 LG Curved monitors-No one ever

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

Resident bad pun maker.....please excuse them

Don't forget, 390x has a higher heat output and higher power draw.  Substantially higher power draw.

Yet it can still run on 550W.. Plus it's cheaper and offers very similar performance whilst (like you said) running a bit hotter and pulling more power.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

I'm going to say this now like many others but 1x8gb was a bad move.  I know, you may add more later but that was a real bad move.  Buying 2x4Gb for a similar price would bring way better results.  Then you could upgrade that to another 2x4 then you've got 16Gb and it's incredibly efficient running in a quad channel config.

the single stick was included with the mobo, I plan on getting one quick if not immediately.

|My Rig| |Intel Core i5-6600K @ 4.70GHz| |GT 740| |16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2133MHz| |240GB PNY SSD, 1TB WD Blue (RAID 0), 320GB Backup Drive| |Corsair 600C| |EVGA Supernove 850 G2| 

You may want to go with an R9 390x as it's a lot cheaper yet you're not sacrificing much performance at all (unless you need Nvidia's features, in which stay with the 980). Also, single stick of RAM in a very visible system... Just saying. Also, you don't need a 650W for that system unless you're going to be doing some heavy overclocking so 550W is fine.

I'm planning on water cooling so I have pick a 650 for some extra headroom for pump and fans, plus once its water cooled I will overclock.