ASUS P8Z77V-PRO won't boot with new RAM: Mushkin 994069S

Well, unfortunately, the new ram I have purchased doesn't seem to be working with my computer. I originally put all 4 dimms, no boot, did a quick press of the mem-OK button on my mobo and it still didn't work. Took two dimms out, tried mem-ok, same thing. (RAM LED lit) Took all but one out and then I get the Boot Device LED showing but not the RAM LED showing.

Now what should I try? Thanks for your help!

If the ram is fine then try to clear the cmos sometimes this works when all else fails.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

I think one of the sicks is bad. :( I have 16GB currently installed successfully now. Booted up after the CMOS reset AND a change of one of the dimms. I guess the more memory you buy at once the higher chance of failure, even though they say they test each one. Can I now go ahead and plop in a 3rd just to see if it accepts it or will that screw settings up?

Cancel that, lol. I have 3 sticks installed and it booted up successfully.

Now to try a 4th.

You can put in three sticks with no problems. I'm running with three sticks currently, and even had two sticks running in here for a while. Nothing happened when I added the third.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Yup, the 4th dimm needs to be RMA'd. That sucks. I guess I should have stuck with name brand but…

l14oO0d.jpg

And what do you know, you have to send ALL 4 dimms back because ONE of them is bad. Thanks, Newegg. I guess I'll have to run out to Fry's and price match, this is going to hurt.