Corsair Launches Force LS Series SSD with Phison Controller

Corsair has announced their new Corsair Force LS Series SSD, powered by the Phison SATA 6Gb/s controller (as opposed to the LSI Sandforce SF-2200 controller being used on the rest of their lineup). 

Corsair_Force_LS_SSD_02.jpg

It will be available in 60GB, 120GB and 240GB options with desktop and laptop upgrade kit options. 
specs:

• Sequential read speeds of up to 560 MB/s
  • Sequential write speeds of up to 535 MB/s
  • SATA 6Gb/s (SATA 3) connectivity
  • High performance Phison controller
  • Native TRIM support (O/S support required)
  • RAID Support BGC (Background Garbage Collection)
  • Increased reliability and quieter operation over standard hard disk drives
  • Significantly lower power usage than traditional hard drives for increased notebook battery life
  • - 2.5" form factor [7mm thickness] for your portable computer needs
  • 3 year warranty

The Force Series LS aims to provide great performance and value and comes at $69.99, $109.99 and $199.99 for the 60, 120 and 240GB variants respectively.

Source: http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/corsair_launches_force_ls_series_ssd_with_phison_controller.html

It definitely seems like Corsair has Samsung's new 840 EVO SSD in their crosshair. let the battle for the cheapest, fastest, most reliable SSDs possible begin, it is most definitely welcome :D.

Corsair has announced their new Corsair Force LS Series SSD, powered by the Phison SATA 6Gb/s controller (as opposed to the LSI Sandforce SF-2200 controller being used on the rest of their lineup). 

Corsair_Force_LS_SSD_02.jpg

It will be available in 60GB, 120GB and 240GB options with desktop and laptop upgrade kit options. 

specs:

The Force Series LS aims to provide great performance and value and comes at $69.99, $109.99 and $199.99 for the 60, 120 and 240GB variants respectively.

Source: http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/corsair_launches_force_ls_series_ssd_with_phison_controller.html

It definitely seems like Corsair has Samsung's new 840 EVO SSD in their crosshair. let the battle for the cheapest, fastest, most reliable SSDs possible begin, it is most definitely welcome :D.

Up to 560MB/s sounds impressive on paper. Let's see how it performs in real world usage..

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Up to 560MB/s sounds impressive on paper. Let's see how it performs in real world usage..

Yeah, sequential read speeds really don't matter much, the Phison controller is expected to perform slightly slower than the Sandforce controller but I suspect performance will be good enough for that not to be noticeable (similar to what Samsung has done with the EVO).

Interesting....

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

Aw, was kind of hoping this would be Corsair's push into the high capacity SSD market :(

Yeah, sequential read speeds really don't matter much, the Phison controller is expected to perform slightly slower than the Sandforce controller but I suspect performance will be good enough for that not to be noticeable (similar to what Samsung has done with the EVO).

Do you know of the differences between Sandforce and Phison?

Error: 410

Aw, was kind of hoping this would be Corsair's push into the high capacity SSD market :(

Would have been nice if they had pushed both things but I think the market for reasonably priced, "fast enough" SSD is much larger than the high capacity, very high price (even if at a low cost/GB) market.

I think companies need to start pushing these into average customer hands before they can convince them to splurge on larger capacities.

Would have been nice if they had pushed both things but I think the market for reasonably priced, "fast enough" SSD is much larger than the high capacity, very high price (even if at a low cost/GB) market.

I think companies need to start pushing these into average customer hands before they can convince them to splurge on larger capacities.

I wholeheartedly agree, but at the same time, I would think having more competition on the consumer market would cause prices to fall more quickly. Right now, I think it's just Samsung and Crucial playing in the high capacity consumer marketplace.

Do you know of the differences between Sandforce and Phison?

Not much unfortunately, I don't even know what the full name is, Phison is just the name of the company that makes the controller. I guess we'll only learn how much different it is when it hits reviewers (soon hopefully).

I wholeheartedly agree, but at the same time, I would think having more competition on the consumer market would cause prices to fall more quickly. Right now, I think it's just Samsung and Crucial playing in the high capacity consumer marketplace.

Yeah and unfortunately I doubt there would be many other offers in that market. I mean how many times have you seen a build with a >512GB SSD (RAID not included)? on the other hand Samsung 840 120GBs are selling like hot cakes.

Might have to pick up a 60GB one, would be a good replacement for my old G.Skill one.

Coolermaster Scout 2 Case / ASROCK 990FX Extreme3 Motherboard / AMD FX 8350 8 Core CPU (Stock Speed) / Corsair H100i CPU Cooler / Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 WindForce OC 6GB / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/20323-scout-2-update-build-fx8350-h100i/#entry244058