Should we support AMD by purchasing their GPUs?

Philosobyte

It might not deliver the best performance but they're definitely good at doing budget CPUs and GPUs. 

You should buy the product that offers the best performance for the price. That's how it always has been, that's how it should be.

Edit: To further explain, no, you shouldn't buy a product just to help a company if they offer an inferior product. That isn't how competition works in the business environment. Companies strive to make better products when a better alternative is made causing people to quit buying from the original company. That's how better products keep coming out, because of competition.

As much as I like AMD (when I won my Lightning 290X I talked directly to one of the upper management hot shots at AMD, super nice person, really awesome in general.), I'm still going to buy the product that is better. As much as I don't like Nvidia after the sketchy 3.5GB VRAM thing, I'm still going to buy their product if it is better.

Nearly everything under and including the 390 is better in terms of AMD so I recommend people buy anything under that category. Nvidia is typically better at the 980Ti and beyond so that's when I recommend an Nvidia card.

I agree

I also like your avatar :)

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Their mid and low end offerings are actually very competitive.... I've bought a 970 SLI setup, but I'm left wishing I'd bought a Xfire 390 or 390X setup as it would have been $1300 for a 390X offering, or $1180 for the 970. 

Damn! You guys pay way too much for shit :( . I paid 630 for my 390/290 setup and I've got Sapphire.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Isn't almost fact that Nvidia cards are cooler and use less power than 300 series AMD cards? Did that effect my decision when I bought my MSI GTX 960 vs R9 380? Yes, of course. I don't wanna buy a 5 new case fans just to cool my new gpu and the difference in fps isn't even that much. When you can show me at least 15fps difference buying a AMD card then I'll take the heat if the price is right. This was my first build so maybe in a year or two from now when I need to buy a new GPU things will be different, who knows?