How are the SuperFlower HX550's SATA power executed?

NeatSquidYT
Go to solution Solved by TheProfosist,

This is how SATA is done on all cables for the most part. You just might get multiple cables

I wasn't sure how to phrase the title, but I mean on my CX600M it has this shitty ass SATA cable thing where all of the connectors are on one cable. Are the HX550's SATA connectors the same? Please say no. Thanks

cxm_sata3.jpg

This is how SATA is done on all cables for the most part. You just might get multiple cables

Shame. I hope the cables are longer. CX600M's are fucking minute

Sometime they do it a bit differently where they are all straight plug and ones comes out of the other (hard to explain). The number per cable and number of cable varies per manufacturer and power supply. I'm the fan of a 2 plug SATA cable and a 4 plug cable rather than 2 cables with 3 plugs.

You can always look at a place with great pictures like newegg and see how it's done or read in depth reviews. The MFG's site will likely go over it spec wise too.

Sometime they do it a bit differently where they are all straight plug and ones comes out of the other (hard to explain). The number per cable and number of cable varies per manufacturer and power supply. I'm the fan of a 2 plug SATA cable and a 4 plug cable rather than 2 cables with 3 plugs.

Sort of like IDE's master and slave system?

Sort of like IDE's master and slave system?

That is what your pictured cable looks like. If I said Daisy chain you might under stand a bit better. I prefer this method and it's what is on my EVGA G2 650w PSU I just built with.

That is what your pictured cable looks like. If I said Daisy chain you might under stand a bit better. I prefer this method and it's what is on my EVGA G2 650w PSU I just built with.

I'm just hoping that the cable is longer on the HX550. If not, I'm buying a hell of a lot of extenders.

I have SuperFlower Golden Green (the older version) my friend has the HX version and we both have this type of SATA cables where you get multiple connectors on one cable.

I'm just hoping that the cable is longer on the HX550. If not, I'm buying a hell of a lot of extenders.

What do you need them all for? I have a number of fixes for your potential problems.

http://www.super-flower.com.tw/products_detail.php?class=2&sn=18&ID=108〈=

It's 2x sata + 1x molex on one cable and 3x sata + 1x molex on another. 

PIC_3004d25feddc05a82407.jpg

Only thing that'll be "better" is that the one at the end doesn't look to be angled. 

Quality-wise, Corsair CX isn't great but SF HX is even worse. I wouldn't go there. If I were you, I'd get the necessary splitters and extensions for the Corsair and cable.manage at the backside of the case.

What do you need them all for? I have a number of fixes for your potential problems.

1) SSD

2) HDD #1

3) HDD #2

4) Optical Drive

My CX600M cables don't reach my HDD without an extender.

1) SSD

2) HDD #1

3) HDD #2

4) Optical Drive

My CX600M cables don't reach my HDD without an extender.

are the SSD and HDDs near each other?

are the SSD and HDDs near each other?

I haven't got the SSD yet, but I was planning on having them next to each other.

Here is my preferred type from the review Jonny Guru did on my EVGA G2 650watt http://goo.gl/AIHQok

DSC_1214.jpg

That does look pretty nice, although I think my Mum has already ordered the PSU

That does look pretty nice, although I think my Mum has already ordered the PSU

Grab one of these Silverstone CP06-E4 and then just one extension over and one to the ODD. (make sure you get the E4 variant) http://goo.gl/cuJjK5 You can get cheap just wire SATA extensions. Let me know if you need suggestions for that.

Grab one of these Silverstone CP06-E4 and then just one extension over and one to the ODD. (make sure you get the E4 variant) http://goo.gl/cuJjK5 You can get cheap just wire SATA extensions. Let me know if you need suggestions for that.

I already have a really cheap SATA extender (literally just female to male) and it works fine.