pc wont boot after i took battery out of mobo ?

newtopc
Go to solution Solved by Shiwoon,

Qflash options isn't even working then your only two option is to go to their support (can be found here http://www.gigabyte.us/support-downloads/technical-support.aspx) or buy a new mobo.

Since you've update your bios via their app center... 

Also since they've made it, they should know a lot more than we do.
(this is why you should never update your mobo bios if there's nothing wrong with it... there's an old saying "if it aint broke, don't fix it")

i stupidly updated my bios from the gigabyte app center and havnt being able to get into my bios since i removed the battery from the motherboard to see if it would fix the problem but now cant boot into windows or enter the bios it tries to enter the bios but screen just goes blank any help would be great i am lost on what 2 do :(

That's the CMOS battery. It NEEDS to be there. Put it back in!

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Also, are you trolling? You don't know what a CMOS battery is? @newtopc

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

Also, are you trolling? You don't know what a CMOS battery is? @newtopc

Your BIOS relies on the CMOS during startup. Taking out the battery will 100% prevent your system from starting up.

i put i back in 

i put i back in 

It should work now. Does it not?

It should work now. Does it not?

no it tries to enter the bios but just goes blank i was able 2 boot into windows but wasnt able to enter the bios i removed the battery to try solve this problem and now still cant enter bios and cant boot into windows :(

no it tries to enter the bios but just goes blank i was able 2 boot into windows but wasnt able to enter the bios i removed the battery to try solve this problem and now still cant enter bios and cant boot into windows :(

Flash a new BIOS. Look it up if you need to.

try and reseat the battery again.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Flash a new BIOS. Look it up if you need to.

try and reseat the battery again.

ok thanks for the help guys i dont know how to flash the bios and i will try resitting the battery again  

Make sure the battery is facing the right direction, it is a simple mistake to make :P

lol its in the right way thanks anyway :)

If reseating the battery doesn't work, try switching the bios on your motherboard if it has more than one, if not, you'll have to flash a new bios

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

@newtopc check the battery with a multimeter if it's dead. How old is your motherboard?

i7 6700k - 32GB DDR4-2133 - GTX 980

If reseating the battery doesn't work, try switching the bios on your motherboard if it has more than one, if not, you'll have to flash a new bios

@newtopc check the battery with a multimeter if it's dead. How old is your motherboard?

i have dual bios but dont know how to switch and dont know how to flash the bios without being in the bios the motherboard is 7 months old its not dead was working a hour ago thanks for reply guys :)

i have dual bios but dont know how to switch and dont know how to flash the bios without being in the bios the motherboard is 7 months old its not dead was working a hour ago thanks for reply guys :)

Try the clear CMOS button instead. Refer to your MOBO manual. If CMOS clear doesn't work, there should be a physical switch on the MOBO to change the BIOS.

Try the clear CMOS button instead. Refer to your MOBO manual. If CMOS clear doesn't work, there should be a physical switch on the MOBO to change the BIOS.

i dont have a clear cmos button and didnt see a switch to change the bios 

i dont have a clear cmos button and didnt see a switch to change the bios 

Did you look at your MOBO's manual? What is your MOBO?

Did you look at your MOBO's manual?

ima check it out now just coudnt see 1 anywhere 

Did you look at your MOBO's manual? What is your MOBO?

its the z97x gaming 3

its the z97x gaming 3

Clear CMOS=bottom right of board. It's a jumper, so you need to take a screwdriver or paperclip to jump the contacts. 

Clear CMOS=bottom right of board. It's a jumper, so you need to take a screwdriver or paperclip to jump the contacts. 

If you don't know what this guy means, he's saying grab anything that is conductive and touch the two prongs on the bottom right hand side that says "Clear CMOS"

If death has no cost, life has no worth

The dead are gone, the living are hungry

Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself.

If you don't know what this guy means, he's saying grab anything that is conductive and touch the two prongs on the bottom right hand side that says "Clear CMOS"

ive done that but still getting blank screen after screen to enter the bios comes up ? :(

So you've updated the bios and now it won't boot or go into the bios.

When you turn on the computer, do you hear any beeps? 

If death has no cost, life has no worth

The dead are gone, the living are hungry

Life is not about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself.

So you've updated the bios and now it won't boot or go into the bios.

When you turn on the computer, do you hear any beeps? 

yes when i updated the bios it wouldnt leave me into the bios since then i removed the cmos battery to see if that would fix it but now cant even boot into windows :(