Anyone have success with stock trading?

c00face

Rather it be penny stock or forex trading, any one have any success stories? Doesn't have to be "I got rich quick," but having a weekly or monthly income to sustain yourself would be a great success story in my book.

I can't even get in... Maybe once I get a job, I'll do some low risk trade on the side...

@MyInnerFred

You can try Investopedia, they have a simulator and I think the real thing as well.  You might want to practice before you actually do something.  What you get won't be much.  For example, in Investopedia, given the starting $250k over a month I managed to pull it in to $255k.  That's 0.02% I think.  So yeah, you might want to experiment before doing stuff.  Also, @Supermangik, follow your own topics so you can know all the responses.

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

Yes but I have a broker that does it all for me :/

My grandparents set it up for me when I was really young, I had a few good quarters where I saw like 11% return, but then market crashed and I lost a lot of the profits.  It's slowly growing still though.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I can't even get in... Maybe once I get a job, I'll do some low risk trade on the side...

@MyInnerFred

60350528.jpg

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

Go back to the 80's and invest in AAPL 

trust me you will be rich

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

My story is a long one but I can safely say my current build was partially a result from high gains in the market done in one day.

I'm a swing trader, who was a former day trader. Long story short, Day Trading was great I loved it, I made much more money than any salary based job I've had in the past, but some things came up and I lost the time iI had to trade full time. Sustained myself, paid the bills just fine and then some with day trading.

Investopedia is a great place to learn about trading in general, I spent many hours there and other sites learning about stock trading. Also went to local Barnes and nobles to read up on trading strategies.

I'm sure you know already that day trading isn't some get rich quick scheme. It's suicide If you get into it with that mindset.

@Vitalius is also another fellow stock trader who knows his shit.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

@MyInnerFred are doing penny stocks? Long term or short term day trading? How long did it take you to make actual gains as a beginner?

@MyInnerFred are doing penny stocks? Long term or short term day trading? How long did it take you to make actual gains as a beginner?

I have played with penny stocks before yes. There really isn't such a thing as long term day trading. Day Trading is trading transactions that end over the course of one day.

Actual gains? About a week.

Note that results will vary for everyone, different trading strategies and experience throws all kinds of statistical data in which will give you inconsistent results.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^