How can I convince my mum?

Overkilled

Well if you aren't filthy rich what's the point of spending even more money?

If I want to sell something to cover the cost its more like exchanging.

I do live in the UK.

Bus £2.50 each way = £900 p/a

Text books, I had to buy 12 at £20 each = £240 total

I had trips vary between £6 and £30

Sky News reckons £360 for school uniform

The total is, um, a lot over the 5 years of secondary school alone.

over £5000

I agree with what you're saying, but tex books in secondary school are free, unless you're talking about revision books and so on and some schools do a free bus service for those that live outside the catchment area for the school. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

This thread is hilarious.

Stay in school, pay extra attention in English, ESPECIALLY when analogies come up. Stop thinking you deserve things just because you want them, that's not how the world works. When my parents bought me anything expensive the last thing I ever thought was "Hey, I could sell this at a loss and buy something I don't even need!", I was actually pretty damn grateful to have something that distracted me long enough to keep me out of trouble, several people I went to school with are now bouncing from temp job to temp job or battling addictions. You need to sit in silence for an hour and really think about what your priorities are, especially with your GCSEs getting closer and closer.

snap

Dont ask, just order it , assuming you have your own credit card

Why do you need 3 monitors?

just get a good 1440p Gsync monitor instead of 3 monitors

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I agree with what you're saying, but tex books in secondary school are free, unless you're talking about revision books and so on and some schools do a free bus service for those that live outside the catchment area for the school. 

My school used to give them for free, then 2008 happened and they had no money. The council had to scrap the free bus passes for the same reason.

How to create a strong password

Size does not matter; it's how you use it

Most of the folks here covered the most important stuff. You're spoiled, your attitude is unapologetically childish and gross, English isn't your strong suit but after you think about that for a long time you'll need and you should come to a conclusion that makes you, your parents, your wallet and everything else happy. Distinguish between a need and a want. Make some limits. Practice how to be a responsible human being and not your mummy cat LOLZ.

14-year-olds don't need smart watches, they don't need triple monitors, but if it isn't hurting you then go ahead and buy it. Don't sell what you have, that's just stupid and a waste of your money. Unless it was a waste of money in the first place.

Now think ahead. Do you want to spend all that money on PC hardware or save up for university. a nice apartment or whatnot, mate? 

Spoiler

PRE-BUILT DESKTOP | CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3GHz | RAM: 4GB DDR2 @ 800MHz (2GBX2) | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 w/ 2GB VRAM | HDDs: 3.5" Samsung HD501LJ ATA 500GB 7200rpm & 3.5" Samsung 502IJ ATA 500GB 7200rpm | PSU: MODECOM Feel III-500Watt ATX | Displays: Samsung SyncMaster T22B350 (1920x1080) & LG Flatron W2234S (1680x1050) | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit & Ubuntu Linux 14.04 LTS | Peripherals: Logitech M90 gray mice & Acme KM10 keyboard | Sound: HDMI 2.0

DELL INSPIRON 15 7000 SERIES (7537) LAPTOP | CPU: Intel i7-4510U @ 2GHz | RAM: 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz (4GBX2) | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M w/ 2GB VRAM | SSHD: 2.5" 1TB + 8GB Flash | Display: 15.6" 1920x1080 IPS w/ Multi-Touch | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | Peripherals: Logitech M100 white mice | Sound:  Logitech Z130 2.0

OTHER DEVICES | Phone: Samsung Galaxy Alpha 32GB

Dont ask, just order it , assuming you have your own credit card

Why do you need 3 monitors?

just get a good 1440p Gsync monitor instead of 3 monitors

I'd rather use a 21:9 1440p IPS slim bezel monitor instead :P I don't game much. Unless you call Minecraft a serious game (LOL)

Spoiler

PRE-BUILT DESKTOP | CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3GHz | RAM: 4GB DDR2 @ 800MHz (2GBX2) | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 w/ 2GB VRAM | HDDs: 3.5" Samsung HD501LJ ATA 500GB 7200rpm & 3.5" Samsung 502IJ ATA 500GB 7200rpm | PSU: MODECOM Feel III-500Watt ATX | Displays: Samsung SyncMaster T22B350 (1920x1080) & LG Flatron W2234S (1680x1050) | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit & Ubuntu Linux 14.04 LTS | Peripherals: Logitech M90 gray mice & Acme KM10 keyboard | Sound: HDMI 2.0

DELL INSPIRON 15 7000 SERIES (7537) LAPTOP | CPU: Intel i7-4510U @ 2GHz | RAM: 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz (4GBX2) | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M w/ 2GB VRAM | SSHD: 2.5" 1TB + 8GB Flash | Display: 15.6" 1920x1080 IPS w/ Multi-Touch | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | Peripherals: Logitech M100 white mice | Sound:  Logitech Z130 2.0

OTHER DEVICES | Phone: Samsung Galaxy Alpha 32GB

Nah your mum is right.  You're spoiled as fuck not because you don't have a lambo, but because of the way you are acting.  You don't fence things other people bought you because you want something else.  It's ludicrously ungrateful and an extremely juvenile way of thinking.  You can't be assed to save up your own money and buy yourself things, you'd rather spend it on takeout every day.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

1) to let me sell my Xbox one. She said I can't sell it because she bought it for £450 (I'm a early adopter) even though it's worth jackshit now, its really fucking annoying because I've drained over £1000 on my PC and its not turning to shit because of this.

2)To let me sell my smartwatch. I've got a old useless Sony smartwatch 2 that I wannna sell to buy a SSD and basically she thinks that I wanna sell my smartwatch and get another one (I originally wanted a Watch Urbane) and she was even asking my tech savvy uncle about them, I want three monitors for xmas.

3) let me get three monitors. She won't let me get three monitors not because she can't afford it but because she thinks having three monitors will make me go "insane" and I'll turn into a "psychopath" *my brain, the silver lining is I'll probably be able to get some kickass 4k display that my 970 can't even handle but I really want three monitors.

Basically I'm selling my xbone my 360 my ps vita and my smart watch basically ridding the house of the last of my consoles (I had like 6 last year but I lost the psp the 3ds was sold and the ps3 broke so I can buy another 970 and some ssd space but I can't see that happening atm.

On the other side of the planet people don't know how to get out of poverty and starvation and you complain about your xboneone and $1000 PC and all that.

#just1stworldproblems

Books since you also mentioned text books I'm not sure what you mean but I don't read £0

Apart from all the stuff other people mentioned (like, how you don't need triple monitor setup), that's one of your main problems. 

Let me ramble about the tri-setup first, though. I'm using my PC mostly for work. I rarely play games (unless you count 1-2 SC2 matches here and there "gaming"), and it's reflected in my current build. Let me just say it didn't cost $1000, nor did it cost £1000. I have a 3x 1080p IPS setup. Guess what, unless I'm doing some heavy workloads, 1 or 2 of them are usually turned off, as I have no reason to use them, especially now with Win10's virtual desktops. Unless you do some real-estate heavy stuff, you certainly don't need 3 monitors. They're power hogs, they're space hogs, you'll be better off getting a single 1440p/4k 144 Hz monitor, preferably a big one.

As far as books are concerned...  Are you aware of the fact that admitting to not reading at all doesn't paint you in the best possible light either? 

Apart from all the stuff other people mentioned (like, how you don't need triple monitor setup), that's one of your main problems. 

Let me ramble about the tri-setup first, though. I'm using my PC mostly for work. I rarely play games (unless you count 1-2 SC2 matches here and there "gaming"), and it's reflected in my current build. Let me just say it didn't cost $1000, nor did it cost £1000. I have a 3x 1080p IPS setup. Guess what, unless I'm doing some heavy workloads, 1 or 2 of them are usually turned off, as I have no reason to use them, especially now with Win10's virtual desktops. Unless you do some real-estate heavy stuff, you certainly don't need 3 monitors. They're power hogs, they're space hogs, you'll be better off getting a single 1440p/4k 144 Hz monitor, preferably a big one.

As far as books are concerned...  Are you aware of the fact that admitting to not reading at all doesn't paint you in the best possible light either?

I don't just game I do computer science, I code as well so 3 monitors seems quite appealing in that aspect but asides from that she really has some sort of negative view on 3 monitors so the closest thing is a ultra wide. Since its still one monitor I dont think she'll have any issues with it. In terms of books I'm definitely a movies guy I read the odd nosleep but I don't really get into books like I do movies

hmm because as soon as she bought it she gave it to me officially changing ownership, if you buy your wife a wedding ring its her's not your's.

Yeah. Call the cops.

When the going gets weirdthe weird turn pro.

This thread is magic.  Have some simple advice:

-Enjoy life.  You have it pretty good. 

-Your use of hyperbolic logic isn't very subtle.  Technically none of us need anything in life.  We could all be monks standing on top of pillars enjoying the elements.  While desires are good to have, and encouraged in modern society... you've gone over that by a sizable margin.  

People don't realize I'm a only child. To a guy with siblings were everything is shared equally I might be coming off as a bit of a twat. Spoilt kids are kids that get Lamborghinis for there 17 birthdays just because they can drive. I'm not really spoilt for a only child

-Yes... and?  There are kids out there who don't even get a car.  in fact they're forced to go to a shack of a school in the jungle, and their commute is littered with landmines left over from some idiotic war fought over ideals from a time you don't care about.  And then the rainy season comes, and they don't even have a fracking umbrella, they've gotta use a plastic bag stretched over a branch. (Chances are this kid also supports his family as well...)

-As for that "free" school stuff?  Please be aware that taxes most likely pay for that.  Nothing in life is free.  

-Oh, and seriously.  Work on your spelling, grammar, and content.  Your English teacher would be very disappointed in you.  Just read that quote I have here in the post.  It's rife with errors in spelling and grammar.

tl;dr: Git gud