High Speedtest Ping during Youtube upload, cFos the issue?

ClownFace1511

Background info:

I'm currently running an Asus X99 deluxe with windows 7. All internet connections are active, both ethernet ports are plugged in and also the AC wireless is connected to the router next to me.

Problem:

I have noticed when uploading a video to youtube my internet just dies, everything loads really slow but as soon as I quit the upload everything is fast again. I ran a few speed tests below and you can see the huge differences in results. The slow internet is being caused by the high ping and also a high loss of download and upload speeds. Along with the motherboard I installed Asus turbo lan which is basically a skinned version of cFos (a program used to optimise your ping and your internet speeds through traffic shaping and stuff). I ran tests both with this program installed and uninstalled and although there is a slight improvement the problem is still there.

Asus Fast Lan Installed (cFos):

Normal speed around this time of night: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4819903901

Speed during youtube upload: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4819909588

Asus Fast Lan Un-installed:

Normal speed around this time of night: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4819922183

Speed during youtube upload: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4819919177

Hopefully you guys can help me figure out what the issue is. The issue is my computer, if I do the speedtest on my phone uploading or not uploading the speeds are fine and are not affected. I'm not sure what I have to fix on my computer to stop this from happening. Any help would be great.

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

Use a program like NetBalancer. Then go into it and set your upload priority to low and then all your games/programs should work just fine.

I don't know if you can set it for individual tabs so I suggest opening a new window of chrome for browsing or using a different browser.

EDIT:  I don't think that's an issue with your computer, it's just how things work. When you upload you get high ping. High ping means lag which feels like slower internet.

That's how it works; your upload's bandwidth is being used up to upload the video.  Though why your download is being restricted, I have no idea.  You said your phone was unaffected.  In that case, if I were you I'd poke around on your router, and see if there's some type of QoS you can alter.

[witty signature]

That's how it works; your upload's bandwidth is being used up to upload the video.  Though why your download is being restricted, I have no idea.  You said your phone was unaffected.  In that case, if I were you I'd poke around on your router, and see if there's some type of QoS you can alter.

So basically I have a router given to me by my isp and therefore it is pretty limited. Under QOS these are the screenshots. I cant manually change much compared to some other routers. I looked at modifying the QOS a while ago but couldn't really due to the limited choices. Here is a screenshot, what speed to you suggest. My plan speeds are 100d and 2u but only get around 60-80d and 1-1.5u.

829jCP1.jpg

So basically I have a router given to me by my isp and therefore it is pretty limited. Under QOS these are the screenshots. I cant manually change much compared to some other routers. I looked at modifying the QOS a while ago but couldn't really due to the limited choices. Here is a screenshot, what speed to you suggest. My plan speeds are 100d and 2u but only get around 60-80d and 1-1.5u.

Ooooookay.  That won't do you any good.  I'd say just uncheck the box and move on.  Poke around the other settings and see if you can find anything striking.

[witty signature]

Ooooookay.  That won't do you any good.  I'd say just uncheck the box and move on.  Poke around the other settings and see if you can find anything striking.

Yeah basically nothing. I would put my own router in but like isp wont allow it, needs to be theirs. The router is linked up to them so even if I cant it out I wont get an internet connection...

Yeah basically nothing. I would put my own router in but like isp wont allow it, needs to be theirs. The router is linked up to them so even if I cant it out I wont get an internet connection...

Damn, that sucks. Sadly, my knowledge ends here, so someone else will have to help you. Good luck!

[witty signature]

With windows 7 you are only accessing the internet through one of those connections on the router. All you are doing is causing un-needed overhead. I would disable the wifi and one of the lan ports and see if things improve. One gigabit lan port should not even break a sweat at those speeds unless your router is only 10/100 instead of 10/100/1000. The high ping is being caused by your upload being saturated which can also make download speeds suffer. I am not familiar with cFos but if it can limit individual programs or set priority, I would use a seperate web browser then your normal one for youtube uploads and limit it to about 1Mb/s(125KB/s) then it shouldnt saturate your internet causing your issues.

It is now midday and I don't seem to be getting the internet drop while uploading. I removed cFos and using both ethernet ports without the wifi like before and everything seems to be fine now. Here is my current speedtest while uploading: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4830781636

At night past 7pm the internet speed drops to like under 30mbps because the isp is pretty bad and maybe that is causing the issues. I'll wait till tonight and reupload the same clip again and see what happens. Thanks for the help guys.

Maybe the ISP is throttling heavy users during night time which generally from 5pm on to about midnight?