2X R9 380 OR 1X 980

dansuper43

980 but the 380 setup is like $30 cheaper prolly

Cheaper Is Nice!

980. Less power, less noise, and you can SLI later if you want. If you want the jist, both Linus AND Jayztwocents explains why SLI is fine, but if there is a a better, single-card solution, go for that

Moist

980. Always take a single more powerful card (if possible) instead of two weaker ones.

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

980. Less power, less noise, and you can SLI later if you want. If you want the jist, both Linus AND Jayztwocents explains why SLI is fine, but if there is a a better, single-card solution, go for that

Okay :)

Why?

Not all games are optimized for crossfire

They offer the same amount of Vram

the 980 will be cooler

980. Always take a single more powerful card (if possible) instead of t

Oh Didint know that!

Actually two R9 380s will deliver higher average frame rates.

It's just that people are still scared because of SLI and Crossfire, even tho they're running almost flawless for years now.

Actually two R9 380s will deliver higher average frame rates.

It's just that people are still scared because of SLI and Crossfire, even tho they're running almost flawless for years now.

Oh Okay!

Oh Okay!

I'd like to correct this.  I run in a mix of indie and not indie games and many of them do not support SLI.  (granted, most don't need it but a few do.)  I highly recommend a single GPU since you are currently buying similar costing parts.  If you already had a 380, I'd recommend a second but do not waste your money on two GPUs if a similar power single is available.  SLI and Crossfire are both great at running most of the big titles, but for the good smaller titles, this is not the case.  This comes from experience with my own SLI setup for two GTX 660s.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

Oh Didint know that!

The experience is usually better. Sli and crossfire CAN (don't have to) introduce micro stutter, vram doesn't stack, some games might only recognize one card, heat output is higher and ventilation worse due to the two cards just physically taking up more space....really you should buythe most powerful card you can afford and then maybe a second one of that kinds later on.

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

always get the best single card you can. if you really just wanted mad preformance with some comprimizes get 2 used r9 290 that will beat the 980, but

be easy on yourself and just get a single card

i speak from experience.  

it will preform better, but are you up to the task?