Logitech G633 vs HyperX Cloud II

Anu Chohan

I need help, spent lot of time researching and cant find anything. I want to know if G633 are actually better than HyperX Cloud II? I intend on using the headset for Xbox One, PS4 and PC for gaming. Right now my option is the following in Canada:

1. HyperX Cloud 2 with Rainbow Six Seige for 111+tax

2. Logitech G933 for 158+tax

I can spend more and get the G633 if they are better.

Will love to hear some suggestions!

I'd go for the Clouds personally. Good for the money.

cloud

Any particular reason? Have you tried the G633? Are they better?

Cloud 

save your money and buy a proper gaming headset like the beyer mx300 or sennheiseer pc350se

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

save your money and buy a proper gaming headset like the beyer mx300 or sennheiseer pc350se

Those are $300 headphones, not sure if I can afford em right now but I think I will definitely need a good amp to power those. I am looking for sub 150 dollar gaming headsets that work well on xbox one, ps4 and pc. 

Thanks for the input.

I think I will definitely need a good amp to power those.

Why would you think that?

Why would you think that?

I am not sure if my onboard audio is good enough, I have z77 msi motherboard. Another thing to note is I want to use the headphones for ps4 and xbox one. As I said it comes to like 300+ with taxes in Canada and I think its too much for my budget.

You have any recommendations for under 150 dollar headphones?

And also if I do get the Cloud II, Should I get the Xonar DG or DGX as it has built in headphone AMP? I have a z77 motherboard with Realtec ALC892 codec and support for 8 channel audio.

Cloud 

And also if I do get the Cloud II, Should I get the Xonar DG or DGX as it has built in headphone AMP? I have a z77 motherboard with:

- Chipset integrated by Realtek® ALC892

- Flexible 8-channel audio with jack sensing

- Compliant with Azalia 1.0 Spec 

Tek Syndicate in their review of HyperX Cloud 2 said it performs better on DAC than onboard audio.

Get the HyperX Clouds, while I am an advocate for suggesting the Sennheiser G4ME One, it is no more a proper headset than the Clouds, and I feel the MMX300 to be a terrible suggestion for gaming unless he doesn't care much about positional accuracy (to be fair they have excellent positional accuracy, but the bass in those cans muddies up the positional accuracy).

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

Get the HyperX Clouds, while I am an advocate for suggesting the Sennheiser G4ME One, it is no more a proper headset than the Clouds, and I feel the MMX300 to be a terrible suggestion for gaming unless he doesn't care much about positional accuracy (to be fair they have excellent positional accuracy, but the bass in those cans muddies up the positional accuracy).

Thanks for the advice! 

All this started when I came home after buying Playstation Gold Wireless Headset but since bestbuy has changed their policy to not accept returns on headphones, I did not open them and started doing lot of research. While they do have good reviews, I am not sure how good they sound but that wireless capability both on pc and ps4 is nice to have since it does not take power from Dual Shock 4 controller which have terrible terrible battery life on its own. 

Hopefully HyperX Clouds II are better than the PS Gold Headsets.

By the way how are the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus for gaming? I am able to get them with mic and accessory kit for 200 CAD? Should I go with them?

Same story as the MMX300/DT770, the G4ME One or Audio Technica ADG1 will offer a more detailed experience which, in gaming, will offer better positional audio without issue in retrieval.

Keeping in mind, if competitive gaming with need for accurate positioning (which is the only reason I wouldn't recommend the MMX300) is not what you are after, then they will be a good experience. If positioning is at the top of the priority list, then the only Beyer's I can recommend would be the DT990. Otherwise, sticking to headsets, the ADG1 or G4ME One hands down for the higher end.

EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

If you were getting the Cloud 1s then you might consider getting a headphone amp, not an issue with the 2s.  The Cloud 2s come with an amp built into the line.  I doubt they would build with an amp that can't drive them, so you don't have to worry about that. 

If you were getting the Cloud 1s then you might consider getting a headphone amp, not an issue with the 2s.  The Cloud 2s come with an amp built into the line.  I doubt they would build with an amp that can't drive them, so you don't have to worry about that. 

Care to link to that information?

I'm fairly certain the Cloud 2's USB is a simple DSP that offers 7.1 virtualization.

Care to link to that information?

I'm fairly certain the Cloud 2's USB is a simple DSP that offers 7.1 virtualization.

It plugs into the USB port not the headphone jack on the motherboard, so it has to get it's power from USB.  From the Amazon sales page:

Easily toggle Surround Sound 7.1 on and off with a touch of a button. Includes independent audio and microphone volume controls. The internal sound card DSP amplifies audio and voice for optimal HiFi gaming experience.

Yes makes sense but I thought it just handled the 7.1 aspect of it with volume and mic control. In some of the reviews they said it has a built in DAC.

Same story as the MMX300/DT770, the G4ME One or Audio Technica ADG1 will offer a more detailed experience which, in gaming, will offer better positional audio without issue in retrieval.

Keeping in mind, if competitive gaming with need for accurate positioning (which is the only reason I wouldn't recommend the MMX300) is not what you are after, then they will be a good experience. If positioning is at the top of the priority list, then the only Beyer's I can recommend would be the DT990. Otherwise, sticking to headsets, the ADG1 or G4ME One hands down for the higher end.

I see, makes sense. Now I am just weighing in my options:

1. Spend 200 and get Beyer's or Senheisers

or

2. Spend 110 on Clouds 2 and get Rainbow Six Seige free (which I was going to buy for 40 bucks) resulting in headset costing 70 

70 vs 200+: Just wondering if they are 2-3 times better than the Clouds or I should save the money and invest elsewhere.

Are Superlux 668 great headphones too if you add mic to it? I know its open headphones, not sure how good they are.

It plugs into the USB port not the headphone jack on the motherboard, so it has to get it's power from USB.  From the Amazon sales page:

Easily toggle Surround Sound 7.1 on and off with a touch of a button. Includes independent audio and microphone volume controls. The internal sound card DSP amplifies audio and voice for optimal HiFi gaming experience.

Just because it plugs into USB, does not mean it acts as an amp, first time I've ever heard someone say that. Their use of "amplifies" I feel is in reference to the artificial sound crap, note the use of audio and voice.

I see, makes sense. Now I am just weighing in my options:

1. Spend 200 and get Beyer's or Senheisers

or

2. Spend 110 on Clouds 2 and get Rainbow Six Seige free (which I was going to buy for 40 bucks) resulting in headset costing 70 

70 vs 200+: Just wondering if they are 2-3 times better than the Clouds or I should save the money and invest elsewhere.

Are Superlux 668 great headphones too if you add mic to it? I know its open headphones, not sure how good they are.

You could just get the Cloud Core for much cheaper without that USB crap ;)

The Superlux 668 is alright, not in the same league as the Clouds or other headsets mentioned here, but if you are on a budget and they are $30~, then sure. But, unless you need them due to being open, there are better choices in the $50 price range such as the CAL!.

I have the Clouds and the Samson 850s (nearly identical to the Superlux 668).  The Samsons sound better, but the Clouds are superior in every other way (build quality, comfort, looks).  Open back headphone are almost always going to be better for competitive game.  The Clouds do handle certain types of bass heavy music better, but that's a real subjective thing.

I would get both the Clouds and the Superlux.  Gives you more flexibility.  And you can use the Cloud USB Sound Card thingy with the Superlux and another mic.  You just have to get an adapter that combines the headphone signal with the mic's.  Something like this http://www.amazon.com/BEBONCOOL-Headset-Splitter-Lifetime-Warranty/dp/B00OAQRITQ/ref=pd_sim_23_4?ie=UTF8&dpID=411%2ByAjlcTL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=03R74KBE73CE0J0PRVRX

Just because it plugs into USB, does not mean it acts as an amp, first time I've ever heard someone say that. Their use of "amplifies" I feel is in reference to the artificial sound crap.

Anything that plugs into the USB port and the OS recognises as a sound card has to have it's own DAC and amplifier.  Even the $15 office USB headsets.  At $15 it's going to be a shitty amp and DAC, but an amp and DAC none the less.  If it plugs into the headphone jack the the motherboard does the Digital to Audio Conversion and sends the audio as an analog signal (with amplifications).

Anything that plugs into the USB port and the OS recognises as a sound card has to have it's own DAC and amplifier.  Even the $15 office USB headsets.  At $15 it's going to be a shitty amp and DAC, but an amp and DAC none the less.  If it plugs into the headphone jack the the motherboard does the Digital to Audio Conversion and sends the audio as an analog signal (with amplifications).

I'll do some more research later, thanks, I don't dick around with USB headsets and was unaware of the need for onboard amp for the signal.

Just because it plugs into USB, does not mean it acts as an amp, first time I've ever heard someone say that. Their use of "amplifies" I feel is in reference to the artificial sound crap, note the use of audio and voice.

You could just get the Cloud Core for much cheaper without that USB crap ;)

The Superlux 668 is alright, not in the same league as the Clouds or other headsets mentioned here, but if you are on a budget and they are $30~, then sure. But, unless you need them due to being open, there are better choices in the $50 price range such as the CAL!.

I know cloud core gets rid of the usb thing but there is also a difference in headphone cup size and comfort tho I am sure the drivers are the same. Anyhow I am going to spend 40 bucks on rainbow six anyway so 110-40 = 70 which is pretty much the retail price of HyperX Core. So I am going to pickup the Cloud 2 with Rb6 in two hours. 

Thanks for the feedback. 

Link:http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/7265/kingston-hyperx-cloud-core-gaming-headset-review/index.html