TITAN X vs GTX 970 2way SLI ? (for gaming)

DGaming

So I can't figure out why someone would get a single titan x, instead of buying 2 gtx 970s which cost 700 in total and titan x is 1000 ... And gtx 970 sli gets better performance in games! Please .. don't even try to say that that's not true cuz u can watch all videos on youtube where they compare them and gtx 970 sli always wins in performance.... So why would u give 1000 for a card that performs worse then gtx 970s for 700??

All answers are appreciated ! Thanks

for 1000 dollars

i will go for the 980Ti for 700+ dollars instead of the Titan X

200 goes into a good PSU for SLi 980Tis later

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Yeah I getcha ... But that doesn't really answer my question .. why is a card that costs 1000 worse than gtx 970 sli for 700?

Yeah I getcha ... But that doesn't really answer my question .. why is a card that costs 1000 worse than gtx 970 sli for 700?

Its not worse...

Try playing at 4k with 144hz moniters in the future,

Also games in the future will require more and more Vram, speed, ECT

There is no rule that price and performance must have a linear relationship. As long as there are people willing to pay for it, Nvidia will make it.

Just look at Apple.

Didn't Jayztwocents do a benchmark where 970 SLI and the 980 Ti had almost the same performance at both 1080p and 1440p? Titan X is the best GPU out there, but it ain't $350 better than a 980 Ti. The 980 Ti is barely cut down vs the Titan X and has better coolers so it won't be as loud if you don't get a reference blower. I'd take a single 980 Ti over SLI 970 any day since it's $50 cheaper, uses less power, doesn't require an SLI board, and doesn't require screwing with SLI profiles that can often be broken until a week or two after a game launches.

Didn't Jayztwocents do a benchmark where 970 SLI and the 980 Ti had almost the same performance at both 1080p and 1440p? Titan X is the best GPU out there, but it ain't $350 better than a 980 Ti. The 980 Ti is barely cut down vs the Titan X and has better coolers so it won't be as loud if you don't get a reference blower. I'd take a single 980 Ti over SLI 970 any day since it's $50 cheaper, uses less power, doesn't require an SLI board, and doesn't require screwing with SLI profiles that can often be broken until a week or two after a game launches.

it's not 350 dollars better, it's got 320$ more vram and about 30$ more performance

Shipping sucks

What resolution you playing at?  

Ive seen posts from people who own the titan x recommend against it now that the 980ti is out.  So i say 980ti if youre gaming at higher than 1080p, and maybe the 970 if playing at 1080(i think alot of people would point you in the direction of the 390 over the 970 tho).

People who already had a 970 and want to improve their performance will add a second as the easiest route. This doesn't involve selling your current card and being without a gpu in the meantime. 970s are cheap enough that pretty much any PC gamer should be able to afford one if they try hard enough.

Titan X is still the better card for XOC, and benefits greatly from being watercooled - the reference version doesn't do it justice.

That being said if you're trying to ask why people right now would buy either option completely new - I haven't seen anyone do it. Where are you pulling this from?

For that kind of money you can easily get better performance elsewhere.

it's not 350 dollars better, it's got 320$ more vram and about 30$ more performance

I don't know about $30 more performance, if I remember correctly the Titan X was still slightly faster than an overclocked 980 Ti Lightning and overclocked 980 Ti Classified with a high ASIC quality in Jayz benchmarks I think.