NVIDIA or AMD?

HTownTech

So, I am planning a pc build. I have a budget of 350 max on the gpu, do I go with NVIDIA or AMD? I want the most power for the money, yet I am also skeptical of the whole g-sync thing. My build overall is on a budget, and buying a monitor that is more expensive just because it is g-sync compatible doesn't seem worth it. That being said, what do I go with?

Please recommend a gpu for 350$ or less, or pc build within or under 1500$ that includes peripherals, monitor, and operating system. Also list reasons why you went with what you went with.

If you're looking for power, then I recommend the R9 390. It should be around $300.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400      | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti        | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

but really though, Nvidia is generally considered superior to Radeon... same a Intel over AMD...

and  as far a recommending a build, im assuming that the PC is primarily going to be used for gaming... 

Edited by Godlygamer23

No Excuses, Play Like A Champion!!!  

prepare for fanboyism.

RIG #14670k @4.4 / 1.25v vcore. @ 4.5 / 1.3v vcore/ 1.95v vccin. MSI GAMING 4G GTX 970 @1540/3700 1.275v BIOS MOD. 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage RAM 2400mhz. MSI GAMING 5 Z97 MOBOFractal Design Define S. Dark Rock Pro 3. 850 EVO 250GB Seasonic M12II 620w
RIG #2: 4790k @ 4.6 / 1.25v vcore. EVGA SC ACX 2.0 980 SLI16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz. Asus MAXIMUS VII Hero Z97. Fractal Design Define R5. NH D15. 850 EVO 250GB AX 860

I actually don't know any cards under 350....

Maybe 750ti?

Shipping sucks

No, not trying to start a war, just a newbie to building my own gaming pc, I have built pcs before, but extremely low end ones

I actually don't know any cards under 350....

Maybe 750ti?

no way, GTX 970s start at $275ish and are WAY better then 750 Ti

No Excuses, Play Like A Champion!!!  

So, I am planning a pc build. I have a budget of 350 max on the gpu, do I go with NVIDIA or AMD? I want the most power for the money, yet I am also skeptical of the whole g-sync thing. My build overall is on a budget, and buying a monitor that is more expensive just because it is g-sync compatible doesn't seem worth it. That being said, what do I go with?

Please recommend a gpu for 350$ or less, or pc build within or under 1500$ that includes peripherals, monitor, and operating system. Also list reasons why you went with what you went with.

R9 390, so AMD

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

If you have a budget of 350 usd get a 390 or a 970 (390 is better)

Thanks, what are your thoughts on the whole g-sync free sync thing

ARE YOU TRYING TO START A WAR???

but really though, Nvidia is generally considered superior to Radeon... same a Intel over AMD...

and  as far a recommending a build, im assuming that the PC is primarily going to be used for gaming... 

I recommend not saying something is considered superior unless you know what you're talking about.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

lol

OP, go for the R9 390. 

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

This pc will be used primarily for gaming, maybe light audio and video editing

Im a Nvidia fan so i like Nvidia more, this is due to the features and just in general.  For me, a 970 would be the best for the cash but i dont know the exact price it is.  As for the build, i would try a i5, 970 combo.

The Canadian Version Of Everything

-Made In Canada

1. i recommend a 960 4 GB by Asus nvidia had good optimization on alot of games such as madmax that game runs perfectly on nvidia cards but struggles on Amd cards.

Also the g sync thing don't worry about it its just a way of syncing the frames to your monitor so you get no screen tear or stutter but you need a g sync monitor to do this.

GTX 970 or R9 390... both will allow you to enjoy your gaming at very respectable quality levels.  I would go with the 390 personally.  The benchmarks are great, has tons of VRAM with a wide bandwidth to use it... and is better capable of utilizing DX12 better than the 970, for when those games start rolling out.

I went with an R9 280 because my GPU budget was $200 (CDN).

1500$ for gaming/video editing? give me 10 minutes.

Yah for gaming definitely  get the r9 390

$1501, I have failed =/:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($314.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.4 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($19.90 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($76.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Kingston Predator Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 Memory  ($73.62 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($86.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($51.88 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 390 8GB PCS+ Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case  ($99.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($61.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit)  ($88.88 @ NCIX US)
Monitor: Acer G257HL BMIDX 60Hz 25.0" Monitor  ($179.45 @ B&H)
Keyboard: Logitech K120 Wired Standard Keyboard  ($11.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.49 @ Amazon)
Speakers: Logitech Z130 5W 2ch Speakers  ($18.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $1461.12
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-11-06 17:22 EST-0500

AMD:  8GB 290X or the 390.  Personally, I'd go with the 8GB 290X...they're just better.
NVIDIA: 970.  Stay away from the STRIX if you want to overclock.

Of all 3 I mentioned, the 8GB 290X is the best card there.  If I were to buy a GPU today, that would be the one I buy.  And I own 970s...and my 970s own 390s.  lol

CPU: Ryzen 1600X @ 4.15ghz  MB: ASUS Crosshair VI Mem: 32GB GSkill TridenZ 3200
GPU: 1080 FTW PSU: EVGA SuperNova 1000P2 / EVGA SuperNova 750P2  SSD: 512GB Samsung 950 PRO
HD: 2 x 1TB WD Black in RAID 0  Cooling: Custom cooling loop on CPU and GPU  OS: Windows 10

390, nothing made it won't play at ultra in 1080p.

AMD:  8GB 290X or the 390.  Personally, I'd go with the 8GB 290X...they're just better.

NVIDIA: 970.  Stay away from the STRIX if you want to overclock.

Of all 3 I mentioned, the 8GB 290X is the best card there.  If I were to buy a GPU today, that would be the one I buy.  And I own 970s...

I let you two hash this out.  :lol:

I let you two has this out. :lol:

They're all good GPUs. I have nothing against the 970, the 390 is just better for the money, in my opinion. If I had the money I wouldn't get a Fury, I'd get a 980ti.

If anyone asks you never saw me.