Computer turns on fast, Ethernet driver doesn't

sage78

Hello.

Since some time ago I've been using a SSD to boot Windows and I can turn on and restart my PC pretty fast.

Problem is, my internet connection takes around 20-30 seconds to be established wich is pretty annoying.

Is there any way to fix this? I'm on Windows 7 64bit

Best regards.

Main - SPEEDTEST
CPU AMD FX-8350 | RAM Kingston HyperX 12GB @1866MHz | GPU Gigabyte HD 7850 | Mobo Asrock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 | HDD 1863GB Seagate ST2000DM001-1CH164 | PSU 550W | Case VENTO A8
Le Petite Frankenstein (First build, only original part is GPU)
CPU AMD Ahlon II X2 260 | RAM 2x2GB @1333MHz | GPU Sapphire HD 3650 | Mobo Gigabyte 78LMT-S2P | HDD 500GB | PSU 500W | 1998 Case
I support AMD because I support competition in the hardware market. We all know if the "other guys" had a complete monopoly, things wouldn't get any better for ANYONE..

I have the same thing, what is your mobo?

Asrock 970 Extreme3 

its driver is called Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

whats yours?

When you installed your SSD, did you move your drivers over to it too?

Also follow your own posts if you want notifications :) @sage78

Hey. I did a fresh install of Windows 7 and installed all the drivers in the SSD as far as I remember.

Main - SPEEDTEST
CPU AMD FX-8350 | RAM Kingston HyperX 12GB @1866MHz | GPU Gigabyte HD 7850 | Mobo Asrock 970 Extreme3 R2.0 | HDD 1863GB Seagate ST2000DM001-1CH164 | PSU 550W | Case VENTO A8
CPU AMD Ahlon II X2 260 | RAM 2x2GB @1333MHz | GPU Sapphire HD 3650 | Mobo Gigabyte 78LMT-S2P | HDD 500GB | PSU 500W | 1998 Case
I support AMD because I support competition in the hardware market. We all know if the "other guys" had a complete monopoly, things wouldn't get any better for ANYONE..

You're sure it's not a portfast problem?

Have no idea what that is

gonna try reinstalling the ethernet driver or something

Main - SPEEDTEST

Have no idea what that is

gonna try reinstalling the ethernet driver or something

Portfast is a feature of managed switches running SpanningTree (may be listed as 802.1d or 802.1w). If you have a standard home all-in-one device you don't have to worry about this. It could also be a DHCP issue however, try assigning a static address to your nic and see how that goes (not reserving an address in the router software, this is still a DHCP service). Don't forget to exclude the address from your DHCP pool on your DHCP device after.

You might try checking the router itself. I remember when our router/modem combo from the ISP started dying, it took minutes for it to connect to the internet, across all devices. We then upgraded the ISP router/modem combo to a higher end model and haven't had any issues since.

You might try checking the router itself. I remember when our router/modem combo from the ISP started dying, it took minutes for it to connect to the internet, across all devices. We then upgraded the ISP router/modem combo to a higher end model and haven't had any issues since.

I've decided to do a fresh install on windows, since besides having the problem with that driver, I also wanted to change my partitions on the SSD so that its all for windows (its a small 60 GB SSD)

Now it turns on faster than ever! and the internet doesnt take half a minute to load :)

Thanks for the people who helped

Main - SPEEDTEST