Looking for a nice Gaming Laptop with a sleek and eye catching design

Creed1

Hello people of Linustechtips,

I am currently looking for a laptop and I need your opinions and recommendations. I am looking for a light weight, amazing quality, thin laptop, but I also need power. Some tasks I will be using the computer for is intense GPU and CPU games like GTA V and Battlefield Hardline. My current budget is around the $1,500 to $1,700 USD Range. Please recommend anything that will suit my needs.

Thanks!

Tech enthusiast and CS Student

I am currently looking for a laptop and I need your opinions and recommendations. I am looking for a light weight, amazing quality, thin laptop, but I also need power. Some tasks I will be using the computer for is intense GPU and CPU games like GTA V and Battlefield Hardline. My current budget is around the $1,500 to $1,700 USD Range. Please recommend anything that will suit my needs.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forums! :) please follow your own posts, so you get notified.

to answer your question I know nothing of the laptop market so idk why i am even here ;)

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

I would get an msi gs70 or gs60 for that price.

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

Thanks!

What size are you willing to accept? 14~ inch? 15~ inch? 17~ inch?

Perhaps consider some Sager/Clevo systems from EuroCom, XoticPC etc.

I configured a Sky MX5 from eurocom, this comes to $1600 USD;

• 1080p IPS 15.6" Screen with G-SYNC
  • 3GB GTX 970M
  • Skylake i7-6700HQ
  • 16GB DDR4
  • 256GB Micron M600 SSD (basically a MX200)
  • 1TB Hitatch HDD

Note this comes with no OS, but I'm sure you can get your own copy for ~$100.

If you get the Haswell version you can get a GTX 980M for the same price.

I need more SSDs.

What size are you willing to accept? 14~ inch? 15~ inch? 17~ inch?

I prefer a 15 inch laptop please.

I prefer a 15 inch laptop please.

+1 to pcman2000's suggestion. Check out XoticPC or Eurocom and look at their 15 inch options. Look at the Clevo rebrands. For example the Clevo P650RG-P (Rebranded to Sager NP8658). 

Has:

-1080p with G-Sync

-i7 6700HQ

-980M

-8GB DDR4 2133MHz ram

-1TB 7200RPM (+$25 to get 120GB 850 EVO)

When configured to have the SSD, cost without shipping is $1643.18.

Personally like the sleek design of it, especially configured without Sager branding. It's a stealthy little gaming powerhouse.

Thanks!

If you're expecting Razer Blade thin/light, it doesn't exist. Buy a thicker notebook or sacrifice power.

If not, grab a P650RE3 from Eurocom HERE

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Thanks!

http://www.lpc-digital.com/sager-np8657-special-features.html

Like everyone else says, get a Sager. This is based on the Clevo P650RE3, which comes with a 970M with 3GB of GDDR5 VRAM with an option for G-Sync (if you want 6GB, go for the Eurocom one), 6700HQ, 3 cooling fans, 2 M.2 SSD slots with one of them being PCIe 3.0 x4 capable, 2 SATA slots, 4 RAM slots, 25mm in thickness and approx 2.5kg in mass. 

Note: The Eurocom one is based on the P650RE/P650RE3/P650RE-G/P650RE3-G/P650RG/P650RG-G.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

Hp Omen, razer blade, MSI GS ghost. 

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

Ok, Is Clevo/Sager a good laptop company? Do their laptops have good cooling systems? Also I love eurocoms website, but are their laptops trustworthy? Please answer these questions please. And also keep in mind, this laptop with be a heavy traveling laptop!

Ok, Is Clevo/Sager a good laptop company? Do their laptops have good cooling systems? Also I love eurocoms website, but are their laptops trustworthy? Please answer these questions please. And also keep in mind, this laptop with be a heavy traveling laptop!

Eurocom and Sager sell the same laptops, essentially.

Clevo is an ODM. They make barebones and sell them to many companies who then rebrand them, like OriginPC and iBuyPower and Falcon Northwest and Digital Storm and AVADirect. They're all the same thing. It's like CyberpowerPC who take MSI whitebooks and touch up the chassis a bit with their own flair. It's still a MSI, and will have all the upsides and downsides that a MSI would have.

Clevo currently make the best available performance notebooks from midrange and above. They've been steadily improving and other companies have been trying to make things thinner. That's pretty much it. I would currently suggest buying from Eurocom instead of from Sager as Eurocom's US prices have recently come down considerably and are generally in line with what you find from Sager and Mythlogic and Pro-Star etc. They are also a Prema partner shop, so you get unlocked sBIOS and vBIOS (as far as I know anyway; call them to make sure your model is coming with it before buying if you want to be sure) which offer better system control and overclockability if that's important to you. It also helps them get the ever-useful UEFI Fast Boot without using Secure Boot.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday