Halo CE LAN Tournament

Papa P
Go to solution Solved by Papa P,

The problem was caused by my antivirus. I uninstalled it and now it works fine. (I was using Vipre).

Thanks for the input.

I'm setting up a Halo: Combat Evolved LAN tournament. It's going to be 2 vs. 2. I'm having trouble getting two test computers (one that I'm going to use and a back up computer) to work. At the moment when I set up a LAN game on either system it doesn't show up in the LAN lobby menu. I have the computers wired together with a switch and I have tried wiring them directly. I have all the network settings at default and the build I am working with is "01.00.04.0607".

Any help would be appreciated thank you.

A splitter, or a switch? It should just be a matter of connecting them by a switch. 

What's the difference? I have them connected with a switch.

What's the difference? I have them connected with a switch.

A splitter literally splits an 8 wire connection into 4 wires. It allows a single Gigabit cable to be split into 2 100Mbps cables. 

Switch connects multiple cables together. If you set up file sharing, can you transfer files between them? It should just work if they're on the same LAN. 

Everyone will need to set their own IP address. Either that or just leave DHCP enabled on all devices and they should default to the 168.254.0.0/16 network.

Everyone will need to set their own IP address. Either that or just leave DHCP enabled on all devices and they should default to the 168.254.0.0/16 network.

Or you could turn on internet connection sharing on one machine. Even if you dont have internet, it will act as a DHCP server for every one else. 

The problem was caused by my antivirus. I uninstalled it and now it works fine. (I was using Vipre).

Thanks for the input.